Help with messagebox()?
Author Message
 Help with messagebox()?

Hi.

Can some please tell me how to gain access to the messagebox() properties?

If access to it's properties cannot be got, then could you advise me on
how to set up a similar object?

Reasoning:- The messagebox() function does not/is not compatible in
look/feel to the apps I write. - I wish to affect its style/color/layout
etc..

It would be nice if I had my own.... i.e. called msgbox (ala dBase)

Thank you,
Derek.

--

Signature? all the good ones are taken?

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:33:35 GMT
 Help with messagebox()?
    The easiest way is to create a modal form, eg "frmmsg." The form should
be written so as to return the value you want via a return statement in the
form's unload event. Then you wrap the "do form ..." in a msgbox() function.
In the function you do form ... with <your dialog>, <cmd1caption>,
<cmd2caption, ,etc,,, TO result. Result will contain the stuff you want to
put in the function's return statement.
- Lew S

Quote:
> Hi.

> Can some please tell me how to gain access to the messagebox() properties?

> If access to it's properties cannot be got, then could you advise me on
> how to set up a similar object?

> Reasoning:- The messagebox() function does not/is not compatible in
> look/feel to the apps I write. - I wish to affect its style/color/layout
> etc..

> It would be nice if I had my own.... i.e. called msgbox (ala dBase)

> Thank you,
> Derek.

> --

> Signature? all the good ones are taken?

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:45:21 GMT
 Help with messagebox()?
Derek,
Since the messagebox() function is essentially a windows API call, there is
little you can do with it directly. However there are a number of
alternatives including creating your own form to essentially do what it
does, only with you own "compatibility". As a starting place you may want to
try on the UT (http://www.universalthread.com/ ). After you log on
(registration is free), choose "Files", then "Classes - VCX", then down to
#937 "Alert.prg - custom messagebox" by Dragan Nedeljkovic. Or in "Forms &
Form designer", go down to #1245 "A Better Message Box" by Arne Herman. Or
in "Visual FoxPro in General" try #435 "MBox!" by Brien Givens.

Rick

Quote:
> Hi.

> Can some please tell me how to gain access to the messagebox() properties?

> If access to it's properties cannot be got, then could you advise me on
> how to set up a similar object?

> Reasoning:- The messagebox() function does not/is not compatible in
> look/feel to the apps I write. - I wish to affect its style/color/layout
> etc..

> It would be nice if I had my own.... i.e. called msgbox (ala dBase)

> Thank you,
> Derek.

> --

> Signature? all the good ones are taken?

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:08:33 GMT

1. help button on messagebox

2. Visual FoxPro v3.0b y WIN 3.X MESSAGEBOX (I need help)

3. Messagebox Text sizing

4. messagebox( )

5. MessageBox visual construction

6. Messageboxes - 1st, 2nd or 3rd person?

7. messagebox option

8. Source for MESSAGEBOX() needed...

9. MessageBox Title...

10. messagebox()