HP LASER 2100 Printer Problem
Author Message
 HP LASER 2100 Printer Problem

I have been running a VFP6 application and printing reports with no problems
until I switched the printer to a HP LASER 2100. What happens is each time I
send a report to the printer the printer goes into manual mode and I then
have to press the print button on the printer in order to print the report.
I have talked to HP about this problem and they claim that the VFP program
is sending out a command to the printer to put it into manual mode.  I
explained to him that the application is using the Windows Drivers that HP
supplied but he still claims it is a FoxPro problem.  If I switch the
printer to a HP LaserJet-3 driver all is OK but that driver does not take
full advantage of the HP LASER 2100 functions.

Has anyone else had this experience and what is the cure???

--

Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HP LASER 2100 Printer Problem

I had a similar problem with a VFP 5 app a few months ago only it locked up the
work station.  Never found a VFP solution. The client preformed the same trick
with the drivers and all was good.  I've noticed in this newsgroup and others
that VFP and HP have some handshaking problems from time to time.  I sympathize
with your plight.

Bob

Quote:

> I have been running a VFP6 application and printing reports with no problems
> until I switched the printer to a HP LASER 2100. What happens is each time I
> send a report to the printer the printer goes into manual mode and I then
> have to press the print button on the printer in order to print the report.
> I have talked to HP about this problem and they claim that the VFP program
> is sending out a command to the printer to put it into manual mode.  I
> explained to him that the application is using the Windows Drivers that HP
> supplied but he still claims it is a FoxPro problem.  If I switch the
> printer to a HP LaserJet-3 driver all is OK but that driver does not take
> full advantage of the HP LASER 2100 functions.

> Has anyone else had this experience and what is the cure???

> --

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HP LASER 2100 Printer Problem
this is vfp's problem... to fix it, open the report file in "database" mode
and delete the printer info on it...if you need more info on how to do this,
lemme know.

regards,
brett wickard

Quote:

> Hi Tony:

> I had a similar problem with a VFP 5 app a few months ago only it locked
up the
> work station.  Never found a VFP solution. The client preformed the same
trick
> with the drivers and all was good.  I've noticed in this newsgroup and
others
> that VFP and HP have some handshaking problems from time to time.  I
sympathize
> with your plight.

> Bob

> > I have been running a VFP6 application and printing reports with no
problems
> > until I switched the printer to a HP LASER 2100. What happens is each
time I
> > send a report to the printer the printer goes into manual mode and I
then
> > have to press the print button on the printer in order to print the
report.
> > I have talked to HP about this problem and they claim that the VFP
program
> > is sending out a command to the printer to put it into manual mode.  I
> > explained to him that the application is using the Windows Drivers that
HP
> > supplied but he still claims it is a FoxPro problem.  If I switch the
> > printer to a HP LaserJet-3 driver all is OK but that driver does not
take
> > full advantage of the HP LASER 2100 functions.

> > Has anyone else had this experience and what is the cure???

> > --

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HP LASER 2100 Printer Driver Problem??

2. HP 2100 Problems

3. v2.0 Printer to HP 5/6 Laser Printers

4. HP LaserJet 2100/2200 Print Driver Question

5. HP 2100

6. HP LaserJet 2100/2200 Print Driver Question

7. Printing of labels with FoxBase labels program on HP 6L Laser Printer

8. problem with HP Laser JET 1100

9. Printing Problem with HP Laser Jet 6p

10. Printer Driver for IBM 4019 Laser Printer

11. MSDOS HP Laser Jet IV Drivers

12. Font Sizing in V5.0 using HP laser 4