DBC
Author Message
 DBC

I have a progam that allows the user to move the DBC where
ever they need to. The path to the dbc is stored in a
local database file on the workstation.
I need to run a rebuild index routine when the first user
of the program launches it. After that the rebuild
procedure should not be needed.
is there a way to detect if a dbc is opened?

Wed, 04 Jan 2006 02:26:14 GMT
 DBC
You can use dbc() to get the name of the current database, or adatabases()
to get an array of all currently opened databases.

Dan

adbused()

Quote:
> I have a progam that allows the user to move the DBC where
> ever they need to. The path to the dbc is stored in a
> local database file on the workstation.
> I need to run a rebuild index routine when the first user
> of the program launches it. After that the rebuild
> procedure should not be needed.
> is there a way to detect if a dbc is opened?

Wed, 04 Jan 2006 02:41:19 GMT
 DBC
Hi, Harry!
You wrote  on Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:26:14 -0700:

 H> I have a progam that allows the user to move the DBC where
 H> ever they need to. The path to the dbc is stored in a
 H> local database file on the workstation.
 H> I need to run a rebuild index routine when the first user
 H> of the program launches it. After that the rebuild
 H> procedure should not be needed.
 H> is there a way to detect if a dbc is opened?

Only by trying to open it in EXCLUSIVE mode and trapping possible error...

WBR, Igor

Wed, 04 Jan 2006 06:57:56 GMT

1. VFP:To DBC or not to DBC

2. Moving tables from one .dbc to another .dbc

3. Print out DBC properties

4. Attaching to DBC from Access MDB

5. combining 2 DBC's into one.

6. Rebuilding Index Tags Invalidates DBC

7. EDC extension to DBC

8. *.DBC Crash with VFP7 under XP and SQL2000

9. Large number of table in DBC

10. old dbf tables into a vfp 6.0 dbc

11. DBC Field Rules and validation

12. ODBC: differences between *.dbc and folder with tables