"Not a Table" error message
Author Message
 "Not a Table" error message

Vfp on Win 2000 SP1

Trying to modify my form or trying to compile my app gives me an error
message that states "Not a table".  Can anyone provide some insight on how
to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:17:13 GMT
 "Not a Table" error message

Quote:
>Vfp on Win 2000 SP1

>Trying to modify my form or trying to compile my app gives me an error
>message that states "Not a table".  Can anyone provide some insight on how
>to resolve this problem.

>Thanks

Your form files *.scx & *.sct are tables and possibly the header
(or worse) got corrupted. Its possible to repair the "table"
with a repair utility in most cases. However a record may
(or may not) be missing which may result in incomplete form
components or the code. A simpler solution is to retreive the
form from a backup (if you have one) and add any changes to it
since then.

Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
       'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:48:15 GMT
 "Not a Table" error message
Alex,
This is a "known" problem with W2K and some BIOS/Motherboard/IDE controller
combinations - due to bad caching it corrupts the .SCT file. (Note: It never
seems to happen if you store your files on a SCSI drive.) The only way to
fix your current problem is with a good backup - otherwise you'll need to
recreate this form.

If you want more info (and a possible fix) on what the underlying problem
is, go to http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q281/6/72.asp -
Possible Data Loss After You Enable the "Write Cache Enabled" Feature. Note:
While it's rumored that VFP developers "discovered" this problem, it's
definitely OS based.

Rick

Quote:
> Vfp on Win 2000 SP1

> Trying to modify my form or trying to compile my app gives me an error
> message that states "Not a table".  Can anyone provide some insight on how
> to resolve this problem.

> Thanks

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:51:06 GMT
 "Not a Table" error message

Quote:
>Vfp on Win 2000 SP1

>Trying to modify my form or trying to compile my app gives me an error
>message that states "Not a table".  Can anyone provide some insight on how
>to resolve this problem.

>Thanks

Just to add to my previous message, Win2K is more likely to corrupt
tables due to the disk write cache being on. It can be turned off
with Administrative priviledges but that has to be done each time
you start up the PC - something I hope MS fixes soon.

Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
       'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:50:09 GMT

1. "file".spr is not an object file error message

2. Error Message "cannot access selected table"

3. FPW26 error "Not a table/.DBF"

4. Error 15 - "Not a table"

5. Error "not a table"

6. Error message "Virtual Function Error"

7. "could not allocate global memory" message

8. "File is not open" message Q.

9. "Alias not found" message in DBC

10. Error Message "Cannot Quit Foxpro"

11. Error trapping for "Invalid date" message

12. "Invalid buffdirty call" error message