How to change fonts property for a form ?
Author Message
 How to change fonts property for a form ?

Hello all!
I'm having a hard time changing the font properties for a form in vfp6.
I try to assign a new name to the font at design time but when ran the
app still displays the window fonts.
Is there any ways to change those properties ?
Am I missing something here ?
I  created a new form. Changed its font name from arial to wingding...
When ran the caption for the form is in arial again.............
Help!!!!
Thanx for you're help!

MatzTheWolf.

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to change fonts property for a form ?
Try thisform.setall("Fontname", "Tahoma") in the initcode and run your form.

--
Regards,

Eric den Doop, MCP
The Netherlands

Quote:
> Hello all!
> I'm having a hard time changing the font properties for a form in vfp6.
> I try to assign a new name to the font at design time but when ran the
> app still displays the window fonts.
> Is there any ways to change those properties ?
> Am I missing something here ?
> I  created a new form. Changed its font name from arial to wingding...
> When ran the caption for the form is in arial again.............
> Help!!!!
> Thanx for you're help!

> MatzTheWolf.

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to change fonts property for a form ?

Quote:

> Try thisform.setall("Fontname", "Tahoma") in the initcode and run your form.

Thanx!
But I'm trying to change the window title (ie: the caption at the upper left
corner of my form)!! And this changes  every single captions on the form but not
this one!!
Any other tricks ?

Thanx

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to change fonts property for a form ?
The window font, size, and colour is determined by windows (at least vfp 3-6 use the
windows values).  I am not aware of any way to override this.  I can't say that I
know why a form has a font, fontsize etc. property, same goes for a grid.  At least
with a grid they could have used it to determine the defaults for columns.

Alan Porter,
Software Developer.

Quote:

> > Try thisform.setall("Fontname", "Tahoma") in the initcode and run your form.

> Thanx!
> But I'm trying to change the window title (ie: the caption at the upper left
> corner of my form)!! And this changes  every single captions on the form but not
> this one!!

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to change fonts property for a form ?
All Windows share the same font characteristics. You can change them by
going to Display Properties, Appearance (tab), Item (Drop down) pick Active
Title Bar. You can then change the Font characteristics. While this could be
done programmatically by making changes to the Registry, it's not considered
appropriate for an application to change the "look and feel" of all the
user's windows without them asking for it to be done (some people like the
way they have set up their desktop).

Rick

Quote:

> > Try thisform.setall("Fontname", "Tahoma") in the initcode and run your
form.

> Thanx!
> But I'm trying to change the window title (ie: the caption at the upper
left
> corner of my form)!! And this changes  every single captions on the form
but not
> this one!!
> Any other tricks ?

> Thanx

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP7: Changing font of Properties Window

2. Changing one form's properties from a different form

3. How to separate the font properties of form for Windows from Macintosh in VFP 3.0

4. - changing form object properties with refresh method - beginner's question

5. Changing properties of all controls on a form ?

6. Changing properties of all controls on a form

7. Width of Form in Property window changes

8. Change default Font and Font Size

9. Change printed font, and font size

10. Global font and size changes to form fields

11. Fatal error when change font name in form designer

12. Changing the display's font size (to larger) messes up the form