Regarding VFP source code protection (Keywords: REFOX, decompile, VFP source code, Foxafe)
Author Message
 Regarding VFP source code protection (Keywords: REFOX, decompile, VFP source code, Foxafe)

Believe it or not, I would like to earn a living by doing some
business in securing VFP generated .EXE files.

Many of us know that Refox can decompile and reveal all the precious
source codes that we spend thousands or million of man-hours on. If
you believe and interested, I am going to post some anti-decompilation
methods here for all of you out there.

Well, I am not running another branding/unbranding business as Xicom
does. It simply means with some of you out there who are willing to
send me some tokens, I am willing to share some of the secret behind
the VFP crptic (yet simple) pseudo code scheme, and some small tricks
that prevent decompilation.

I would like to see if there is anyone who are really interested.

RefoxKiller

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:49:29 GMT
 Regarding VFP source code protection (Keywords: REFOX, decompile, VFP source code, Foxafe)
I too am interested in this, as I have had to put out different schemes on
my published work.
But - you are in Singapore - I am in Dallas - when to start trusting each
other???
oh well - stay in touch, la
xie xie {Bill}

--
=============================
William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group. MSDN ISV - VFP/SQL .  mySql/ Sql /

Quote:
> Believe it or not, I would like to earn a living by doing some
> business in securing VFP generated .EXE files.

> Many of us know that Refox can decompile and reveal all the precious
> source codes that we spend thousands or million of man-hours on. If
> you believe and interested, I am going to post some anti-decompilation
> methods here for all of you out there.

> Well, I am not running another branding/unbranding business as Xicom
> does. It simply means with some of you out there who are willing to
> send me some tokens, I am willing to share some of the secret behind
> the VFP crptic (yet simple) pseudo code scheme, and some small tricks
> that prevent decompilation.

> I would like to see if there is anyone who are really interested.

> RefoxKiller

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 01:45:14 GMT
 Regarding VFP source code protection (Keywords: REFOX, decompile, VFP source code, Foxafe)
Just save your craps here William, I wonder if anyone had put up any
effective VFP anti-decompilation schemes here. I have no time to play
jokes on you, as what we are dealing now is a multi-billion business,
okay?
Quote:

> I too am interested in this, as I have had to put out different schemes on
> my published work.
> But - you are in Singapore - I am in Dallas - when to start trusting each
> other???
> oh well - stay in touch, la
> xie xie {Bill}

> --
> =============================
> William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group. MSDN ISV - VFP/SQL .  mySql/ Sql /
> Oracle with VFP - YUP!!
> 972.394.7261 / GoTo China and teach C/SaPPdEV on occasion.
> http://window.to/vfoxpro

> > Believe it or not, I would like to earn a living by doing some
> > business in securing VFP generated .EXE files.

> > Many of us know that Refox can decompile and reveal all the precious
> > source codes that we spend thousands or million of man-hours on. If
> > you believe and interested, I am going to post some anti-decompilation
> > methods here for all of you out there.

> > Well, I am not running another branding/unbranding business as Xicom
> > does. It simply means with some of you out there who are willing to
> > send me some tokens, I am willing to share some of the secret behind
> > the VFP crptic (yet simple) pseudo code scheme, and some small tricks
> > that prevent decompilation.

> > I would like to see if there is anyone who are really interested.

> > RefoxKiller

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:12:50 GMT
 Regarding VFP source code protection (Keywords: REFOX, decompile, VFP source code, Foxafe)
'craps' ??

lol - VFP /  multi-billion ( dollar ? ) business - isn't that a major
oxymoron ?

Quote:
> Just save your craps here William, I wonder if anyone had put up any
> effective VFP anti-decompilation schemes here. I have no time to play
> jokes on you, as what we are dealing now is a multi-billion business,
> okay?

Quote:
> > I too am interested in this, as I have had to put out different schemes
on
> > my published work.
> > But - you are in Singapore - I am in Dallas - when to start trusting
each
> > other???
> > oh well - stay in touch, la
> > xie xie {Bill}

> > --
> > =============================
> > William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group. MSDN ISV - VFP/SQL .  mySql/
Sql /
> > Oracle with VFP - YUP!!
> > 972.394.7261 / GoTo China and teach C/SaPPdEV on occasion.
> > http://window.to/vfoxpro

> > > Believe it or not, I would like to earn a living by doing some
> > > business in securing VFP generated .EXE files.

> > > Many of us know that Refox can decompile and reveal all the precious
> > > source codes that we spend thousands or million of man-hours on. If
> > > you believe and interested, I am going to post some anti-decompilation
> > > methods here for all of you out there.

> > > Well, I am not running another branding/unbranding business as Xicom
> > > does. It simply means with some of you out there who are willing to
> > > send me some tokens, I am willing to share some of the secret behind
> > > the VFP crptic (yet simple) pseudo code scheme, and some small tricks
> > > that prevent decompilation.

> > > I would like to see if there is anyone who are really interested.

> > > RefoxKiller

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:01:56 GMT
 Regarding VFP source code protection (Keywords: REFOX, decompile, VFP source code, Foxafe)
Golly - did I miss your point? Your point seemed that you wanted to provide
a programming service that
will make decompilation into source code impossible.
I have been making my published work almost impossible to de-compile for the
past 2 years, and I pretty much refuse to share that info, algorithms being
what they are.  My base of 'almost impossible' is tagged from refox and
unfoxall.

For 'craps' to come across - I would really have to think that you got
offended in some fashion.  Did you get offended? My questions about physical
location is meaningful - if *I* were to collaborate with you I would want a
MORE secure method of doing so than you being at the UNI computer lab in
Singapore. Meet me somewhere face to face instead?  Bring our laptops and
gear and share?

I feel physical security between you and me to be a paramount issue - and
instead you possibly got offended and threw the 'craps' label on it.  Come
on - you're in a computer lab at a University in Singapore - what do expect?

I will refuse to comment on 'multi-billion business' - simply because you
gave no unit of measure.
Baat?
HKD?
RMB?
USD?
Lines of Code?
Joules?
Lira?

My last comment to stay in touch was a meaningful one, la -
Now - on to other silly things -
EEK - did you really feel I was flaming you?  Please give me an example of
how I did this, or if you can't do that, at least tell me about YOUR
reaction to my posting back to you, and how/where/why you found/took
offense..  I can't offer an apology to a reaction I don't understand, but if
you took offense in ANY WAY - then I apologize to you - loudly and with
KLOC's and a few com objects thrown in for brevity.

TIA!!!  mondo regards [Bill]

--
=============================
William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group. MSDN ISV - VFP/SQL .  mySql/ Sql /
Oracle with VFP - YUP!!
972.394.7261 / GoTo China and teach C/SaPPdEV on occasion.
http://window.to/vfoxpro

Quote:
> Just save your craps here William, I wonder if anyone had put up any
> effective VFP anti-decompilation schemes here. I have no time to play
> jokes on you, as what we are dealing now is a multi-billion business,
> okay?

Quote:
> > I too am interested in this, as I have had to put out different schemes
on
> > my published work.
> > But - you are in Singapore - I am in Dallas - when to start trusting
each
> > other???
> > oh well - stay in touch, la
> > xie xie {Bill}

> > --
> > =============================
> > William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group. MSDN ISV - VFP/SQL .  mySql/
Sql /
> > Oracle with VFP - YUP!!
> > 972.394.7261 / GoTo China and teach C/SaPPdEV on occasion.
> > http://window.to/vfoxpro

> > > Believe it or not, I would like to earn a living by doing some
> > > business in securing VFP generated .EXE files.

> > > Many of us know that Refox can decompile and reveal all the precious
> > > source codes that we spend thousands or million of man-hours on. If
> > > you believe and interested, I am going to post some anti-decompilation
> > > methods here for all of you out there.

> > > Well, I am not running another branding/unbranding business as Xicom
> > > does. It simply means with some of you out there who are willing to
> > > send me some tokens, I am willing to share some of the secret behind
> > > the VFP crptic (yet simple) pseudo code scheme, and some small tricks
> > > that prevent decompilation.

> > > I would like to see if there is anyone who are really interested.

> > > RefoxKiller

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:01:36 GMT

1. Source Code Protection

2. Source Code in VFP 3.0 for Screens

3. Printing a form's source code in VFP

4. Ned API source code for VFP editor extension

5. HELP: find VFP source code

6. Retrieving source code in VFP

7. need VFP source code

8. need VFP source code