VFP8 Bug? Plain Listbox in Toolbar
Author Message
 VFP8 Bug? Plain Listbox in Toolbar

The Bug Report Website of Microsoft is not working (Internal Server Error
HTTP 500). So I'll post my report here, perhaps Microsoft is reading it, or
perhaps someone can verify this problem:

I have a toolbar (always docked to the right border), and in this toolbar I
have a normal listbox.

The Special Effect property of the listox is set to "1 - Plain".

When the toolbar openes, the listbox is displayed in plain style, but the
scrollbar on the right of the listbox is in "normal" 3D look.
When I click inside the listbox or the scrollbar the scrollbar is displayed
correctly as plain style.

The SpecialEffect property is set to "1 - Plain" at design time, the only
code of the listbox is a .Clear() and some .AddItem() in the init event of
the toolbar, no special calls or so.

--
Matthias Kahlert
Software fr den M?belhandel

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 07:34:31 GMT
 VFP8 Bug? Plain Listbox in Toolbar
Hello, Matthias!
You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:34:31 +0100:

 MK> I have a toolbar (always docked to the right border), and in this
 MK> toolbar I have a normal listbox.

 MK> The Special Effect property of the listox is set to "1 - Plain".

 MK> When the toolbar openes, the listbox is displayed in plain style, but
 MK> the scrollbar on the right of the listbox is in "normal" 3D look.
 MK> When I click inside the listbox or the scrollbar the scrollbar is
 MK> displayed correctly as plain style.

 MK> The SpecialEffect property is set to "1 - Plain" at design time, the
 MK> only code of the listbox is a .Clear() and some .AddItem() in the init
 MK> event of the toolbar, no special calls or so.

I tried this, but I don't see anything weird. The scrollbar does indeed look
different than the way it looks in VFP7, but I think that this is the new
Themes feature. The way the scrollbar is displayed doesn't change if I click
inside the listbox or the scrollbar Are you running WINXP? Can you post your
code?
---
Eric den Doop

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:14:04 GMT
 VFP8 Bug? Plain Listbox in Toolbar
You can see an example of what I mean at http://www.max-pro.de/listbox.jpg

Here is the INIT() code:

LOCAL lcCol1, lcCol2, lnH, lnI, lcB, lcO
lcCol1 = This.cCol1
lcCol2 = This.cCol2

lnH = 10
This.s0b.Height = lnH
This.s1a.Height = lnH
This.s1b.Height = lnH
&& ...some other labels and shapes
This.s6b.Height = _SCREEN.Height

FOR lnI = 1 TO 24
 lcB = CHR( ASC('a') + lnI - 1 )
 lcO = "This.T1"+lcB
 &lcO..Caption = ""
ENDFOR

&& Counting data from tables
SELECT DISTINCT UPPER(employee_id) AS 'employee_id', UPPER(pc) AS 'pc' ;
 FROM logins WHERE aktion=="L_E" INTO CURSOR logins_test
IF _TALLY > 0 THEN
 SELECT logins_test
 GO TOP
 SCAN
  This.lstUsers.AddListItem("\"+ALLTRIM(UPPER(employee_id))+" auf
"+ALLTRIM(UPPER(pc))+" (MM Editor)", This.lstUsers.NewItemID+1, 1)
 ENDSCAN
ENDIF
CloseTable("logins_test")

DODEFAULT()
This.Refresh()

And that's all that is happening...

--
Matthias Kahlert
Software fr den M?belhandel

Quote:
> Hello, Matthias!
> You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:34:31 +0100:

>  MK> I have a toolbar (always docked to the right border), and in this
>  MK> toolbar I have a normal listbox.

>  MK> The Special Effect property of the listox is set to "1 - Plain".

>  MK> When the toolbar openes, the listbox is displayed in plain style, but
>  MK> the scrollbar on the right of the listbox is in "normal" 3D look.
>  MK> When I click inside the listbox or the scrollbar the scrollbar is
>  MK> displayed correctly as plain style.

>  MK> The SpecialEffect property is set to "1 - Plain" at design time, the
>  MK> only code of the listbox is a .Clear() and some .AddItem() in the
init
>  MK> event of the toolbar, no special calls or so.

> I tried this, but I don't see anything weird. The scrollbar does indeed
look
> different than the way it looks in VFP7, but I think that this is the new
> Themes feature. The way the scrollbar is displayed doesn't change if I
click
> inside the listbox or the scrollbar Are you running WINXP? Can you post
your
> code?
> ---
> Eric den Doop
> www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 05:21:56 GMT
 VFP8 Bug? Plain Listbox in Toolbar
Hello, Matthias!
You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:21:56 +0100:

Sorry I can't reproduce. Perhaps it is OS related; I am running XP and I
have no other systems available at my current location. Maybe somebody else
can check it.
As a workaround: does it help if you issue a listbox.click in the init?
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 06:59:55 GMT
 VFP8 Bug? Plain Listbox in Toolbar

Quote:
> Sorry I can't reproduce. Perhaps it is OS related; I am running XP and I
> have no other systems available at my current location. Maybe somebody
else
> can check it.

I have Windows 2000 SP 3...

Quote:
> As a workaround: does it help if you issue a listbox.click in the init?

No, doesn't help...
I think I will turn the SpecialEffect back to 3D...

--
Matthias Kahlert
Software fr den M?belhandel

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:50:24 GMT

1. VFP8 Bug? Lines in Listboxes

2. BUG in VFP8: Scrolling in Toolbar Editor

3. VFP8: MS toolbar class

4. VFP8: docking toolbar

5. VFP8: String Manipulation Bug

6. VFP8 combobox bug

7. Bug in VFP8

8. VFP8: String Manipulation Bug

9. big bug (vfp8)

10. vfp8 : alter table bug

11. vfp8 bug report (alter table command)

12. vfp8 alter table bug