FoxPro printing alignment propblem
Author Message
 FoxPro printing alignment propblem

I have a problem of an accumulating alignment error. The s/w is
FoxPro/FoxFire running on a 486 machine and printing to a printer which
takes continuous feed paper (an EPSON LQ 2170). The task is to do a
print run of mailing labels. What happens is that the first few pages
are OK, then the print creeps further and further off the labels. I'd be
grateful if anyone can tell me whether there is a standard solution to
this, eg if there is a way of telling FoxPro to start each page afresh,
rather than accumulating aligmnent error.

Please email me direct as well as posting to the group.

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 FoxPro printing alignment propblem

We have seen alignment creep on epson printers on a number of occaisions.
If you send a top of form after a pages worth of labels, you eliminate the
creep.  The top of form character can be found in the printer manual. The
top of form will be esc, or chr(27) + some other character. hth b

Quote:

> I have a problem of an accumulating alignment error. The s/w is
> FoxPro/FoxFire running on a 486 machine and printing to a printer which
> takes continuous feed paper (an EPSON LQ 2170). The task is to do a
> print run of mailing labels. What happens is that the first few pages
> are OK, then the print creeps further and further off the labels. I'd be
> grateful if anyone can tell me whether there is a standard solution to
> this, eg if there is a way of telling FoxPro to start each page afresh,
> rather than accumulating aligmnent error.

> Please email me direct as well as posting to the group.

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing problem: half length page alignment

2. ReportWriter field alignment problem

3. alignment in and format of text in textbox

4. bad alignment using @.. get followed by @...say

5. Column alignment of numeric data using dBASE compatible mode

6. Odd behavior of textbox when alignment=1-right

7. PRB: grid column alignment not working properly

8. Alignment of command button caption

9. grid control alignment

10. VFP6: Alignment of Columns within Listbox

11. vertical alignment ?

12. VFP5.0 report field alignment