NT Server & FoxDos 2.6 packing dbf problem
Author Message
 NT Server & FoxDos 2.6 packing dbf problem

When packing a dbf I get the error "memo file invalid". I fix the
problem the Memoplus (utility that is old but has worked for years). I
copy the new dbf to my local PC and pack it and it is fine. I copy it
up to the NT Server and pack the new dbf and it gives the error again.
Is the the utility not fixing the problem correctly because of a new
corruption by NT server? Brandon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Server & FoxDos 2.6 packing dbf problem
A PACK problem is a corrupted memo field pointer.  I bet your utility just
fixed the memo file header.  The solution is to create a brand new file,
appending your original data to it:

USE OLD
COPY STRUCTURE TO NEW
USE NEW
APPEND FROM OLD

Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. FoxPro 2.6 Windows & Windows NT Server

2. foxdos on a NT network Problems

3. Problem with FoxPro 2.6 and Windows NT 3.5 Server

4. NT 4.0 & Foxpro 2.6 lockup problem

5. NT 4.0 & Foxpro 2.6 Lockup problem

6. FoxDos under NT

7. Fox 2.6 for dos on NT Server

8. FPW 2.6 app with NT Server

9. NT Server and FPW 2.6

10. FP 2.6 (DOS) times out on NT Server

11. FoxDos 2.5 & Phar Lap error

12. Foxpro 2.6/Windows NT Server Network error on Drive ?: