"file".spr is not an object file error message
Author Message
 "file".spr is not an object file error message

Hello,

I am obtaining this error message while building my application in
foxpro 2.6 for windows:

"file".spr is not an object file

and even though I have looked in the Microsoft web site, I didn't get a
clue. I only found a similar reference, mentioning a "file".pjx instead
of the .spr file. Indeed I should be able to deal with screens within my
application...  this message appeared after I added quite a few features
to my old application, which never suffered from this problem. Any hint
about what is wrong ?

Thanks,

Edgar

Sat, 19 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 "file".spr is not an object file error message
Hi Edgar,
        Are you using FoxPro off a network, I've gotten similar errors when I
was using it  on a network and I didn't have privs to the FoxPro
directory.

Hope this helps,
Jeff Pearl

Quote:

>Hello,
>I am obtaining this error message while building my application in
>foxpro 2.6 for windows:
>"file".spr is not an object file
>and even though I have looked in the Microsoft web site, I didn't get a
>clue. I only found a similar reference, mentioning a "file".pjx instead
>of the .spr file. Indeed I should be able to deal with screens within my
>application...  this message appeared after I added quite a few features
>to my old application, which never suffered from this problem. Any hint
>about what is wrong ?
>Thanks,
>Edgar

Fri, 02 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 "file".spr is not an object file error message

Quote:

>I am obtaining this error message while building my application in
>foxpro 2.6 for windows:

>"file".spr is not an object file

Yep, I have seen this one too.  BTW, I don't think I have ever found
it documented anywhere, but I HAVE found a fix for it.

Quote:
>and even though I have looked in the Microsoft web site, I didn't get a
>clue. I only found a similar reference, mentioning a "file".pjx instead
>of the .spr file. Indeed I should be able to deal with screens within my
>application...  this message appeared after I added quite a few features
>to my old application, which never suffered from this problem. Any hint
>about what is wrong ?

What it means is that the .SPR file that was created by Genscrn
somehow ended up not being a valid prg file (all SPR's are is PRG
files with a different extension (and of course they are generated on
the fly)).  Just make sure that you reedit that screen, so that it
rebuilds (or force a rebuild all in the project).  That will fix it
90% of the time.  A few times I have had to go so far as to REMOVE the
screen from the project and put it back in to fix things.  But DO try
to force that screen to rebuild first.

--
Cy Welch                              All views are my own

http://www.calweb.com/~cwelch/    Web Page

Fri, 02 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 "file".spr is not an object file error message
Hola Edgar!

El 04-02-96, Edgar Ramirez le dijo a All:

ER>ER>ER>Hello,

ER>I am obtaining this error message while building my application in
ER>foxpro 2.6 for windows:

ER>"file".spr is not an object file

ER>and even though I have looked in the Microsoft web site, I didn't get a
ER>clue. I only found a similar reference, mentioning a "file".pjx instead
ER>of the .spr file. Indeed I should be able to deal with screens within my
ER>application...  this message appeared after I added quite a few features
ER>to my old application, which never suffered from this problem. Any hint
ER>about what is wrong ?

Rebuild ALL your project/app

Bye,
Ricardo Garibotti
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
---
 * MR/2 2.23 NR * Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.

New Age BBS - Now online! - +54(1)-797-9713 - Florida, BA - Argentina.

Mon, 05 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. "File is not open" message Q.

2. Error "Not a Database File"

3. Error "Not a foxpro EXE file"

4. Error:"Default Config File Not Found"

5. "File Is Not Open" Error

6. "Not a Table" error message

7. ODBC Error "Error Reading File ..."

8. Error message "Virtual Function Error"

9. "Error reading file", "Error writing to file"

10. "File not open"

11. "not readable files"

12. Skip "Structure CDX file not found"