Visual Foxpro ODBC
Author Message
 Visual Foxpro ODBC

I am writing in Visual Foxpro 5.0 and connecting to a VPF5.0 dbc
file via ODBC(We're hoping to deploy this as an intermediate step
towards going to SQL Server).  It appears that the dbc file is opened
exclusively by the ODBC driver.  Does anyone know a way around this.

ben

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Foxpro ODBC

Assuming you defined a SYSTEM DSN
open the ODBC Administrator
choose your DSN and press configure
in the Setup click on options and unchekc the Exclusive checkbox

Arnon

Quote:
>I am writing in Visual Foxpro 5.0 and connecting to a VPF5.0 dbc
>file via ODBC(We're hoping to deploy this as an intermediate step
>towards going to SQL Server).  It appears that the dbc file is opened
>exclusively by the ODBC driver.  Does anyone know a way around this.

>ben

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Foxpro ODBC

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the box is unchecked.  I have
tracked it down further and it appears the lock appears on a specific
use statement that is not even ODBC related. Sorry about the
red herring...
Ben

Quote:

>Assuming you defined a SYSTEM DSN
>open the ODBC Administrator
>choose your DSN and press configure
>in the Setup click on options and unchekc the Exclusive checkbox

>Arnon

>>I am writing in Visual Foxpro 5.0 and connecting to a VPF5.0 dbc
>>file via ODBC(We're hoping to deploy this as an intermediate step
>>towards going to SQL Server).  It appears that the dbc file is opened
>>exclusively by the ODBC driver.  Does anyone know a way around this.

>>ben

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Foxpro ODBC link

2. visual foxpro odbc driver for linux

3. Visual Foxpro ODBC

4. Visual FoxPro ODBC driver

5. Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver cannot open .IDX index file

6. Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver cannot open .IDX index file

7. Need help creating Fox 2.5 table via MS Visual FoxPro ODBC driver

8. Problems in using Microsoft Visual FoxPro ODBC 5.0 driver

9. Visual Foxpro ODBC drivers

10. Visual FoxPro ODBC Date problem ...

11. Can Visual FoxPro ODBC driver produce old (2.x) dbf tables?

12. Visual FoxPro ODBC driver fails with "Not a table" if table has auto-incrementing field