error 1104 and 2005
Author Message
 error 1104 and 2005

Our soft we have some network errors
1104 : if a file is open (exist in FPW 2.6)
2005 : if we call a screen

I recreated the error by conecting/disconnecting the letter of the server in
the explorer

The 2005 error has been resolved by putting the FXP,VCX et SCX on the
station.
But the error 1104...
Somebody have a idea ?

How to know if the connection with the network have been broken during one
seconds?

They used NT/2000 and Novell V5.0

Thanks

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:19:44 GMT
 error 1104 and 2005
Hi Fabien,

I get the 1104 error ("Error reading file "file" (Error 1104)") when our
Novell network is especially unreliable, like when I'm on wireless and I've
moved too far from the access point, or when our server has gone down. Once
I've gotten this error I have to kill FoxPro - I was never able to close the
file and reopen it.

Error 1104 can also occur when you're using Terminal Services. ("This is
caused by a problem with the Terminal Services network redirector. For
performance reasons, the Windows 2000 redirector holds one file handle for
each table that is open, and shares it between the sessions. When one
session logs off, that handle is released, causing all other sessions to
receive Error 1104 when they access the file handle. ") You'll find a more
detailed discussion of this error in KB article 299603
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299603).

I also found newsgroup posts tying error 2005 to an unreliable network.

> Our soft we have some network errors
> 1104 : if a file is open (exist in FPW 2.6)
> 2005 : if we call a screen

> I recreated the error by conecting/disconnecting the letter of the server
> in
> the explorer

> The 2005 error has been resolved by putting the FXP,VCX et SCX on the
> station.
> But the error 1104...
> Somebody have a idea ?

> How to know if the connection with the network have been broken during one
> seconds?

> They used NT/2000 and Novell V5.0

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:29:34 GMT
 error 1104 and 2005
Thanks a lot !!
My client changes the network card of the server and goes to Novell 6.a and
he has less trouble.

Fabien

Quote:
> Hi Fabien,

> I get the 1104 error ("Error reading file "file" (Error 1104)") when our
> Novell network is especially unreliable, like when I'm on wireless and
I've
> moved too far from the access point, or when our server has gone down.
Once
> I've gotten this error I have to kill FoxPro - I was never able to close
the
> file and reopen it.

> Error 1104 can also occur when you're using Terminal Services. ("This is
> caused by a problem with the Terminal Services network redirector. For
> performance reasons, the Windows 2000 redirector holds one file handle for
> each table that is open, and shares it between the sessions. When one
> session logs off, that handle is released, causing all other sessions to
> receive Error 1104 when they access the file handle. ") You'll find a more
> detailed discussion of this error in KB article 299603
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299603).

> I also found newsgroup posts tying error 2005 to an unreliable network.

> --
> Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro  http://foxcentral.net

> > Our soft we have some network errors
> > 1104 : if a file is open (exist in FPW 2.6)
> > 2005 : if we call a screen

> > I recreated the error by conecting/disconnecting the letter of the
server
> > in
> > the explorer

> > The 2005 error has been resolved by putting the FXP,VCX et SCX on the
> > station.
> > But the error 1104...
> > Somebody have a idea ?

> > How to know if the connection with the network have been broken during
one
> > seconds?

> > They used NT/2000 and Novell V5.0

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:39:08 GMT

1. Meaning of Error code 2005

2. Error 2005 (urgent)

3. Error 2005

4. Error 1104: error reading file, cause?

5. Error 1104 (Error Reading File)

6. error 1104 - operating system read error

7. err 1104 (error reading) NT 3.51/4.0

8. VFP, Win 98 and Error 1104

9. Program Error 1104

10. Error 1105 while SYS(1104)