How to stop program execution when calling a new form
Author Message
 How to stop program execution when calling a new form

I have a application with a read events running. Durring the valid
event in several of my columns I need to callup a form with out
continuing the code execution in the valid.  and resume after the form
is done.

Dose any one know if and or how this could be done? I tried to nest
the read events but the clear cleared my main read. Any suggestions?

Alan C. Sheffield

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to stop program execution when calling a new form

Alan,

Make the form you are running modal. That should cause execution to halt
until the user closes the form.
--
Josh Weiss
Boston Microcomputer Consulting

http://emporium.turnpike.net/~bmc

Quote:
> I have a application with a read events running. Durring the valid
> event in several of my columns I need to callup a form with out
> continuing the code execution in the valid.  and resume after the form
> is done.

> Dose any one know if and or how this could be done? I tried to nest
> the read events but the clear cleared my main read. Any suggestions?

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to stop program execution when calling a new form

make the form MODAL or do a <myform>.Show(1) right after the DO FORM.

Quote:
> I have a application with a read events running. Durring the valid
> event in several of my columns I need to callup a form with out
> continuing the code execution in the valid.  and resume after the form
> is done.

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to stop program execution when calling a new form

the form I am caling is already modal. The code in the code after the
do form still executes ???

any other ideas ??

alan

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:07:58 -0700, "Randy Patterson"

Quote:

>make the form MODAL or do a <myform>.Show(1) right after the DO FORM.

>> I have a application with a read events running. Durring the valid
>> event in several of my columns I need to callup a form with out
>> continuing the code execution in the valid.  and resume after the form
>> is done.

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. stopping further execution of program

2. Memorizing form configuration during program execution

3. ****Problem with FoxPro2.6 execution on new/400MHz processor PCs****

4. Giving a form focus from calling program

5. Passing a variable from the form back to the calling program

6. Call from program to form

7. ON KEY LABEL in program execution?

8. need to speed up program execution

9. Pausing Program Execution

10. Creating textboxes during program execution

11. Can we turn Foxpro programs into DLL which can be called by other non-Foxpro programs

12. query stops program