drag & drop ?
Author Message
 drag & drop ?

Hi,

I have a form (with a MyGrid and some textboxes to get
a filtered data)
Which can be opended as many as the user want it.
I've set the Mytextbox.Dragmode = 1 (autom.)
I've placed this simple code in Mytextbox:
 PROCEDURE dragdrop
 LPARAMETERS oSource, nXCoord, nYCoord
 WAIT WINDOW "dropped drag"+osource.value
to learn what's going on but this doesn't get hit !
The only thing is when dragging is started the mouse icon is
changed but that's it !

What I want to obtain is that the user can drag one
textbox.value to another textbox on another form.
(ofcourse when dropped I need some more actions
but for a starting not relevant)
Is this possible and how ?

thanks in advance
Christophe

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:36:16 GMT
 drag & drop ?
problem solved,

In cause somebody is interested...

I've moved the Dragdrop code from Mytextbox
to Mygrid.  I've set both Mytextbox and Mygrid.dragmode = 1 (autom.)
and everthing works.  Draging Mytextbox.value between the forms
and draging inside Mygrid.

christophe

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a form (with a MyGrid and some textboxes to get
> a filtered data)
> Which can be opended as many as the user want it.
> I've set the Mytextbox.Dragmode = 1 (autom.)
> I've placed this simple code in Mytextbox:
>  PROCEDURE dragdrop
>  LPARAMETERS oSource, nXCoord, nYCoord
>  WAIT WINDOW "dropped drag"+osource.value
> to learn what's going on but this doesn't get hit !
> The only thing is when dragging is started the mouse icon is
> changed but that's it !

> What I want to obtain is that the user can drag one
> textbox.value to another textbox on another form.
> (ofcourse when dropped I need some more actions
> but for a starting not relevant)
> Is this possible and how ?

> thanks in advance
> Christophe

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:09:41 GMT
 drag & drop ?
Hum,

problem not solved !?!
How can I know on which row in the grid it is dropped ?

christophe

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a form (with a MyGrid and some textboxes to get
> a filtered data)
> Which can be opended as many as the user want it.
> I've set the Mytextbox.Dragmode = 1 (autom.)
> I've placed this simple code in Mytextbox:
>  PROCEDURE dragdrop
>  LPARAMETERS oSource, nXCoord, nYCoord
>  WAIT WINDOW "dropped drag"+osource.value
> to learn what's going on but this doesn't get hit !
> The only thing is when dragging is started the mouse icon is
> changed but that's it !

> What I want to obtain is that the user can drag one
> textbox.value to another textbox on another form.
> (ofcourse when dropped I need some more actions
> but for a starting not relevant)
> Is this possible and how ?

> thanks in advance
> Christophe

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:25:42 GMT
 drag & drop ?

Quote:
> Hum,

> problem not solved !?!
> How can I know on which row in the grid it is dropped ?

Did you try using RECNO() of the table controling the grid?

The grid AfterRowColChange has a parameter nColIndex
which tells you the column

Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
       'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 01:44:46 GMT
 drag & drop ?
Oeps,

I've overlooked somehow your reply.
But I've used this simple calculation in the DragDrop event
and until now it worked.  It might not be the best option
but well you know, there are many roads to Rome...
And indeed I didn't think of your option.
thanks a lot Paul,

christophe
Belgium

PROCEDURE dragdrop
LPARAMETERS oSource, nXCoord, nYCoord
LOCAL row_
row_= INT((nycoord - this.top) / this.rowheight)
this.activatecell(row_ ,1)
this.dropped()

christophe
belgium

Quote:

> > Hum,

> > problem not solved !?!
> > How can I know on which row in the grid it is dropped ?

> Did you try using RECNO() of the table controling the grid?

> The grid AfterRowColChange has a parameter nColIndex
> which tells you the column

> Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
>        'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:55:58 GMT

1. Drag & Drop from a TreeView

2. Drag & Drop Outlook Message

3. drag & drop