events order
Author Message
 events order

Hi,
In a form, I have a textbox (nmarc) and a combobox
(combo1). I have tracked the events with the de{*filter*},
and I have observed something that I didn't understand:

intrprod.nmarc.KeyPress(48, 0) - I ENTERED A VALUE
intrprod.nmarc.InteractiveChange()
intrprod.nmarc.KeyPress(13, 0) - I VALIDATED IT
intrprod.nmarc.InteractiveChange()
intrprod.KeyPress(13, 0)
intrprod.Paint()
intrprod.nmarc.RangeLow() - THE CHECKS FOR RANGE
intrprod.nmarc.RangeHigh()
intrprod.nmarc.Valid() - THE VALID
intrprod.nmarc.LostFocus() - SO, IT LOSES THE CONTROL
intrprod.combo1.When()
intrprod.Paint()
intrprod.nmarc.RangeLow() - OOPS! AGAIN THE CHECK?!
intrprod.nmarc.RangeHigh()
intrprod.nmarc.Valid() - AND AGAIN THE VALID?!
intrprod.nmarc.LostFocus() - BUT THE FOCUS WAS LOST!!!
BEFORE?!
intrprod.combo1.GotFocus() - FINALLY HERE
intrprod.combo1.Message()
intrprod.Paint()
intrprod.combo1.KeyPress(9, 0)- JUST TO GO BACK TO nmarc
intrprod.KeyPress(9, 0)
intrprod.combo1.LostFocus() - LOSTING THE CONTROL
intrprod.nmarc.When()
intrprod.combo1.LostFocus() - WHY LOST AGAIN?
intrprod.nmarc.GotFocus()
intrprod.nmarc.Message()

As I observed, when going from textbox to combo, the
ranges checks and the valid method are performed twice.
Also LostFocus happen twice, for both controls. I have to
admit I do not understand why. Can sombody explain me?
Thank you,
Florin Cherbis

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:20:08 GMT
 events order

Quote:
>As I observed, when going from textbox to combo, the
>ranges checks and the valid method are performed twice.
>Also LostFocus happen twice, for both controls.

Do you have any code in the RangeCheck, Valid, When and Lostfocus methods?
Have you set any of the range properties?

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:03:36 GMT
 events order
Hi,
For the textbox, I have code in valid and lostfocus. In
combo, I vahe code for Valid, LostFocus, and When (here
just an assignation of a value for a variable).
No range properties for any of the objects.

F. Cherbis

Quote:

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:53:22 GMT

1. Grid event firing order

2. Event Firing Order

3. Order of Init Events

4. Firing order of events?

5. set order results in no error and no order set

6. Logging Events to the NT Event Log from VFP

7. Event doesn't honor Class Event?

8. Read Events And Clear Events

9. Event tracking doesn't show refresh events...?

10. read events / clear events

11. Report ORDER BY generates wrong order, anyone explain why? VFP6

12. grid order