VFPCOM utility
Author Message
 VFPCOM utility

I'm using VFPCOM utility to convert VFP cursors into ADO recorsets and vice
versa. The system works if the conversion is from cursor to recorset with
every type of data. Instead, if I converte from recordset to cursor it
doesn't work with numeric data (double, numeric, float).
How can I solve this problem?
Waiting for a reply.
Best regards.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFPCOM utility

Don't use VFPCOM - it doesn't wor - it's got other problems as well.
Ken Levy has a couple of programs - dbf2rs and rs2dbf that work much better.
His site is www.classx.com - they're available for free there.

You will have to modify rs2dbf to change one CASE statement - there are 2
CASEs that each refer to the same ADO datatype adDouble and the one CASE
that checks for adSingle should also check for adNumeric.
HTH

Quote:
> I'm using VFPCOM utility to convert VFP cursors into ADO recorsets and
vice
> versa. The system works if the conversion is from cursor to recorset with
> every type of data. Instead, if I converte from recordset to cursor it
> doesn't work with numeric data (double, numeric, float).
> How can I solve this problem?
> Waiting for a reply.
> Best regards.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFPcom Utility not work in Windows 2000

2. Problems with VFPCOM

3. VFPCOM RecordSet Problems

4. SQL-DMO and VFPCOM.DLL

5. VFPCOM

6. VFPCOM

7. VFPCOM

8. CLASSID of VFPCOM.DLL

9. vfpcom.dll doesn't work

10. VFPCOM.DLL

11. VFPCOM.DLL + ORACLE

12. VFPCOM RStoCursor makes fieldnames 10 Chars