Having problem with VFP and SQL Server
Author Message
 Having problem with VFP and SQL Server

i have tried using both remote views and sql pass through, both with the
same results.  When i try and update a record in a sql server table, it
takes about 5 min. before control is passed back to the program.  The record
i want updated is correctly updated, but i know it shouldnt take this long
to update, should it?  I have the data buffered with 3 -- optimistic row
buffering.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Jeff Cooper

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Having problem with VFP and SQL Server
Jeff,

Is there an index on the key field you're using to do the update? If so,
have you run UPDATE STATISTICS on the table you're updating recently?

Quote:

>i have tried using both remote views and sql pass through, both with the
>same results.  When i try and update a record in a sql server table, it
>takes about 5 min. before control is passed back to the program.  The
record
>i want updated is correctly updated, but i know it shouldnt take this long
>to update, should it?  I have the data buffered with 3 -- optimistic row
>buffering.

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem accessing VFP data through SQL Server linked server

2. problem sql usando el having

3. Having problems with update-SQL command

4. Update problem with VFP 5.0 and SQL server 6.5

5. Update problem with VFP 5.0 and SQL SERVER 6.5

6. VFP 3.0 remote view, ODBC, SQL server 6.5 problem

7. SQL Server Connection Problem using SQL Pass-Through

8. vfp 3 -- still having problems

9. SQL Server w/ VFP frontend or just VFP...

10. Need Tips on Converting VFP System from VFP Data to SQL Server

11. Where .vs. Having in a SQL query

12. Having trouble executing a batch using sql pass through