record in use by another user ?
Author Message
 record in use by another user ?

I have a grid. Column 1 has a combo, getting a look from inventory
table. After  this, I enter a ship qty in col 3 and want to reduce my
onhand in the inventory by this ship qty so I do a 'replace'. This gives
me a 'record is in use by another user' error. I did open the inventory
table in the DE. Do There is optimistic buffering on the grid and
inventory tables. Am I duplicating something ? I have a single user,
VFP3 system.
Fred

Fri, 14 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 record in use by another user ?

Fred,

I just ran into a very similar thing in trying to make a grid
multi-selectable.  My solution was to use RLOCK().

kim

Quote:
> I have a grid. Column 1 has a combo, getting a look from inventory
> table. After  this, I enter a ship qty in col 3 and want to reduce my
> onhand in the inventory by this ship qty so I do a 'replace'. This gives
> me a 'record is in use by another user' error. I did open the inventory
> table in the DE. Do There is optimistic buffering on the grid and
> inventory tables. Am I duplicating something ? I have a single user,
> VFP3 system.
> Fred

Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 record in use by another user ?

Fred,

I had this problem quite a while ago.  It seems to occur when using either
a view or a table which is involved in some relations.

My solution was to issue RLock on every table which is open in the
dataenvironment (I assume you are using a private datasession) and involved
in some relation with the table in the grid, and on the table in the grid.
Then immediately follow this with UNLOCK ALL.  I run this code after every
time I issue a Replace,  Append or delete.

It seems like a lot of work, but the overhead is low and once the behavior
is coded into your grid's baseclass, then it's automatic anyway.

Chris Needham

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Record used by another user

2. Record is used by another (109) error using REMOTE VIEW CURSORS

3. User who has locked a table/record ?

4. Mult-user record selection?

5. User who has locked a table/record ?

6. Mult-User/Multi-Record updates (fixing an old program)

7. Record is in use by another user.

8. Grid:Record is in use by another user, VFP 5.0a

9. VFP BUG: Database Corruption when multiple users are appending records

10. How to let users mark records to.....

11. VFP 3.0 questions - SQL commands, handling Deleted records in multi-user environment

12. Allowing users to use last record.. VFP 3.0