SQL Select from Buffered Table
Author Message
 SQL Select from Buffered Table

I would like to select data from a buffered table into a cursor, and have
the cursor contain the dirty, uncommitted data.  Does anyone know if this
can be done? (VFP 6.0).

I see the dirty data in a browse, and from the Help File, I believe that Fox
does a use again on my table, thereby avoiding my dirty data.  I have seen
commands like NOFILTER, and would love to find something like NOUSEAGAIN.

Thanks

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Select from Buffered Table
Try something like this:

begin transaction

tableupdate(1,.t.,'dirtytable')

select ... from dirtytable

rollback

Hope this helps.

Quote:
> I would like to select data from a buffered table into a cursor, and have
> the cursor contain the dirty, uncommitted data.  Does anyone know if this
> can be done? (VFP 6.0).

> I see the dirty data in a browse, and from the Help File, I believe that
Fox
> does a use again on my table, thereby avoiding my dirty data.  I have seen
> commands like NOFILTER, and would love to find something like NOUSEAGAIN.

> Thanks

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Select from Buffered Table
Thanks,
    Is there a way to do this without being inside a transaction?  I have
had situations where I'd like to see the dirty data, using a SQL Select, but
using transactions would leave the transaction open for an indeterminate
length of time.

Quote:
> Try something like this:

> begin transaction

> tableupdate(1,.t.,'dirtytable')

> select ... from dirtytable

> rollback

> Hope this helps.

> > I would like to select data from a buffered table into a cursor, and
have
> > the cursor contain the dirty, uncommitted data.  Does anyone know if
this
> > can be done? (VFP 6.0).

> > I see the dirty data in a browse, and from the Help File, I believe that
> Fox
> > does a use again on my table, thereby avoiding my dirty data.  I have
seen
> > commands like NOFILTER, and would love to find something like
NOUSEAGAIN.

> > Thanks

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL-Select on buffered tables

2. SQL Select & Table Buffering

3. Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

4. Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

5. SQL-Select from table-buffered cursor

6. How can you SQL select buffered tables

7. How can you SQL Select buffered tables

8. Table buffering and SQL SELECT and DE

9. Update SQL On Buffer Mode Override = Optimistic Table Buffering

10. - How to SELECT from table buffered view without issuing TABLEUPDATE

11. SELECT from a view with table buffering question

12. SELECT on buffered tables