foxw2600.esl file size error
Author Message
 foxw2600.esl file size error

I am trying to apply patch 26 to foxw2600.esl file . I get the message
that the file size of foxw2600.esl is incorrect.

Specifically, I am trying to apply "patch26 foxw2600.esl" the message
that I am getting is as follows:

PATCH 26: error : incorrect FoxPro 2.6 a file size : G:\foxw2600.esl

My hunch is that the foxw2600.esl file that I have to start with is of
the wrong size.

File sizes:

unzipped foxw2600.zip = 1042 kb
zipped foxw2600.esl = 320 kb.

Has anybody run into a similar problem. If so, what did they do?

If my filesize is wrong, where is the source where I can get
foxw2600.esl file of the right size?

Thanks.

Sai

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 foxw2600.esl file size error
Hi Sai
It sounds like you need to reinstall your copy of foxpro.   My 2.6 ESL file
is 2055kb

Regards
AL

Quote:

>I am trying to apply patch 26 to foxw2600.esl file . I get the message
>that the file size of foxw2600.esl is incorrect.

>Specifically, I am trying to apply "patch26 foxw2600.esl" the message
>that I am getting is as follows:

>PATCH 26: error : incorrect FoxPro 2.6 a file size : G:\foxw2600.esl

>My hunch is that the foxw2600.esl file that I have to start with is of
>the wrong size.

>File sizes:

>unzipped foxw2600.zip = 1042 kb
>zipped foxw2600.esl = 320 kb.

>Has anybody run into a similar problem. If so, what did they do?

>If my filesize is wrong, where is the source where I can get
>foxw2600.esl file of the right size?

>Thanks.

>Sai

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 foxw2600.esl file size error
Sai,
Make sure you are trying to update FPW 2.6a (not FPW2.6). You can still get
the 2.6 -> 2.6a patches from MS on their FTP server.
<ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/fox/public/fpw/patches/>

Rick

Quote:

> I am trying to apply patch 26 to foxw2600.esl file . I get the message
> that the file size of foxw2600.esl is incorrect.

> Specifically, I am trying to apply "patch26 foxw2600.esl" the message
> that I am getting is as follows:

> PATCH 26: error : incorrect FoxPro 2.6 a file size : G:\foxw2600.esl

> My hunch is that the foxw2600.esl file that I have to start with is of
> the wrong size.

> File sizes:

> unzipped foxw2600.zip = 1042 kb
> zipped foxw2600.esl = 320 kb.

> Has anybody run into a similar problem. If so, what did they do?

> If my filesize is wrong, where is the source where I can get
> foxw2600.esl file of the right size?

> Thanks.

> Sai

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 foxw2600.esl file size error
Are you trying to apply the MS patch26 to a file previously
patched using DZPATCH?

Roger

Quote:

> I am trying to apply patch 26 to foxw2600.esl file . I get the message
> that the file size of foxw2600.esl is incorrect.

> Specifically, I am trying to apply "patch26 foxw2600.esl" the message
> that I am getting is as follows:

> PATCH 26: error : incorrect FoxPro 2.6 a file size : G:\foxw2600.esl

> My hunch is that the foxw2600.esl file that I have to start with is of
> the wrong size.

> File sizes:

> unzipped foxw2600.zip = 1042 kb
> zipped foxw2600.esl = 320 kb.

> Has anybody run into a similar problem. If so, what did they do?

> If my filesize is wrong, where is the source where I can get
> foxw2600.esl file of the right size?

> Thanks.

> Sai

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 foxw2600.esl file size error
Hi,
the german foxw2600 is 3.016.206 bytes large.

--

mfg

Wolfgang Schmale / Germany

Quote:
> I am trying to apply patch 26 to foxw2600.esl file . I get the message
> that the file size of foxw2600.esl is incorrect.

> Specifically, I am trying to apply "patch26 foxw2600.esl" the message
> that I am getting is as follows:

> PATCH 26: error : incorrect FoxPro 2.6 a file size : G:\foxw2600.esl

> My hunch is that the foxw2600.esl file that I have to start with is of
> the wrong size.

> File sizes:

> unzipped foxw2600.zip = 1042 kb
> zipped foxw2600.esl = 320 kb.

> Has anybody run into a similar problem. If so, what did they do?

> If my filesize is wrong, where is the source where I can get
> foxw2600.esl file of the right size?

> Thanks.

> Sai

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 foxw2600.esl file size error
This patch only works on fpw 2.6a. You need to check which version you have.
Seee Help menu /About if it doesnt say 2.6a you need to upgrade first before
applying the patch.

This one got me too.

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL

2. Foxw2600.esl file location

3. Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...

4. Delivery foxw2600.esl

5. RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

6. FOXW2600.ESL

7. Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL

8. replace foxw2600.esl ICON -- How?

9. foxw2600.esl parameters?

10. FOXW2600.ESL - have i got the latest version?

11. Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL

12. Help Need "foxw2600.esl"