problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system
Author Message
 problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

I have developed one application which is running very fine on
386 ,486,pentium but gives the error in some places "file in use"
I am unable to trace out the problem. HELP!!!!!

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

HI!

Do you havve more than one person using the application and did you set the
tables are sharable?

Tatyana

Quote:
> I have developed one application which is running very fine on
> 386 ,486,pentium but gives the error in some places "file in use"
> I am unable to trace out the problem. HELP!!!!!

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

Recommend staying away from "exclusive" use of tables.

Quote:

>I have developed one application which is running very fine on
>386 ,486,pentium but gives the error in some places "file in use"
>I am unable to trace out the problem. HELP!!!!!

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

Which version of Foxpro are you using?  Some versions don't like Pentiums,
and you will get the occasional 'File is in use' error
If the problem is because it is running on a pentium the solution is to
remove all SQL statements on the programs and replace them with foxpro
equivalents

Quote:
>Recommend staying away from "exclusive" use of tables.

>>I have developed one application which is running very fine on
>>386 ,486,pentium but gives the error in some places "file in use"
>>I am unable to trace out the problem. HELP!!!!!

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

Excuse me?? This is NOT acurate information re:

Quote:
> If the problem is because it is running on a pentium the solution is to
> remove all SQL statements on the programs and replace them with foxpro
> equivalents

Where did you get this??  I would like to think there are better and easier
solutions than this for the FPW 2.6 problems with pentiums and beyond..
Please read some of the threads here, and you will find better solutions..

--
Tony Miller

thwart Unwanted Spam)

Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

Quote:
> Which version of Foxpro are you using?  Some versions don't like
Pentiums,
> and you will get the occasional 'File is in use' error
> If the problem is because it is running on a pentium the solution is to
> remove all SQL statements on the programs and replace them with foxpro
> equivalents

> >Recommend staying away from "exclusive" use of tables.

> >>I have developed one application which is running very fine on
> >>386 ,486,pentium but gives the error in some places "file in use"
> >>I am unable to trace out the problem. HELP!!!!!

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

It is accurate information in the fact that it *does* work.  It is a
solution the company I work for adopted and has been successful.  We tried
all alternative methods that did not involve changing BIOS configurations
(ie: turning CPU cache off) as this was not cost effective , and we also
tried the FLUSH command but did not work 100% on all machines we tried it on
(and we have many different brands of PC with different specs in our
customer base)

So please, calm down. It  *IS* a solution.

Quote:
>Excuse me?? This is NOT acurate information re:

>> If the problem is because it is running on a pentium the solution is to
>> remove all SQL statements on the programs and replace them with foxpro
>> equivalents

>Where did you get this??  I would like to think there are better and easier
>solutions than this for the FPW 2.6 problems with pentiums and beyond..
>Please read some of the threads here, and you will find better solutions..

>--
>Tony Miller

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

Quote:

>It is accurate information in the fact that it *does* work.  It is a
>solution the company I work for adopted and has been successful.  We tried
>all alternative methods that did not involve changing BIOS configurations
>(ie: turning CPU cache off) as this was not cost effective , and we also
>tried the FLUSH command but did not work 100% on all machines we tried it on
>(and we have many different brands of PC with different specs in our
>customer base)

I'd say that we are all calm. <g>

As a specific fix for the problem you were having, you probably found
a good solution.  However, I do not believe that this is a general
solution for all situations, especially since there are many instances
where people have not had problems with FPW2x under fast Pentium.

Christopher Reed

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem in running application on foxpro in pentium mmx system

2. Insuficient Memory in Pentium 233 MMX

3. Insuficient Memory in pentium 233 MMX

4. Insuficient Memory the machine pentium 233 mmx

5. FPW2.6 + Pentium MMX incompatibility?

6. FPW2.6 on MMX Pentium Processors

7. problem with FP 2.6 running on Pentium II of 333 MHz or higher

8. Error running FoxPro 2.6 for Win on Pentium II

9. Problem running FPW 2.6a and VFP 5.0a on same system

10. Running FoxPro 2.5 Applications under Visual FoxPro

11. memory problem foxpro 2.6 and Pentium II 333 MHz Acer

12. FoxPro v2.6 running on the newer Dell 500 pIII system