CONVERT *.PRG
Author Message
 CONVERT *.PRG

HOW CAN I CONVERT *.PRG PROGRAMS  WHICH WAS ON DOS TO
WINDOWS ( I DID LOAD WINDOWS 2.6 ) BUT ALL MY PROGRAMS WAS
ON DOS AND *.PRG'S WAS HARDCODED. DOES WINDOWS FOR FOX
CONVERT FROM DOS FOX.

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CONVERT *.PRG

files, then FPW will NOT convert these to a Windows format and they may not
look acceptable. If this is true, you are probably going to want to use the
screen designer and recreate them. Note: This same situation applies if you
have any reports that are hardcoded, they also aren't magically transformed
into Windows reports <g>.

Quote:
> HOW CAN I CONVERT *.PRG PROGRAMS  WHICH WAS ON DOS TO
> WINDOWS ( I DID LOAD WINDOWS 2.6 ) BUT ALL MY PROGRAMS WAS
> ON DOS AND *.PRG'S WAS HARDCODED. DOES WINDOWS FOR FOX
> CONVERT FROM DOS FOX.

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CONVERT *.PRG

FP?2.6 is pretty good as a cross platform tool. If you keep your programs
in a similar directory structure platform to platform, your code should
work fine (mostly).

You will want to look at screens in Windows and set fonts, etc.

I guess I don't understand what you mean when you say "*.PRG'S WAS
HARDCODED"

--
Richard Seymour, Anarchy Software, Inc.

http://www.wavetech.net/~anarchy

Quote:
> HOW CAN I CONVERT *.PRG PROGRAMS  WHICH WAS ON DOS TO
> WINDOWS ( I DID LOAD WINDOWS 2.6 ) BUT ALL MY PROGRAMS WAS
> ON DOS AND *.PRG'S WAS HARDCODED. DOES WINDOWS FOR FOX
> CONVERT FROM DOS FOX.

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 CONVERT *.PRG

<< HOW CAN I CONVERT *.PRG PROGRAMS  WHICH WAS ON DOS TO
WINDOWS ( I DID LOAD WINDOWS 2.6 ) BUT ALL MY PROGRAMS WAS
ON DOS AND *.PRG'S WAS HARDCODED. DOES WINDOWS FOR FOX
CONVERT FROM DOS FOX. >>

there is no need to convert, *.prg files are text files. You just have
to select the font you want in Windows (from Text menu).

C. Desbourse (Belgium)

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can SCX convert to PRG

2. Code to convert a VUE to a PRG?

3. Possible to convert FPW26 report to .prg?

4. CONVERT scx TO PRG

5. converting from DBASE prg files

6. How to convert .exe files back to prg source .code files

7. Converting Visual objects to PRG

8. CONVERT SCX to PRG

9. Converting Form to PRG

10. Executing a PRG from a PRG

11. Big PRG or Small PRG?

12. How to Convert a small GW Basic comm. prg to VFP 6.0 ?