How to blink text ?
Author Message
 How to blink text ?

Hi,

I need to know whether any possible function to blink a text in VFP 7.0 ?

Thanks

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:06:11 GMT
 How to blink text ?

Quote:
> I need to know whether any possible function to blink a text in VFP
> 7.0 ?

Hi Calvin,

Set a timer and have it toggle the Visible property of your Label.

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:43:27 GMT
 How to blink text ?
Calvin,

Every UI design guide I've ever read strongly recommends against using
blinking text. You can use the timer Cindy suggested to change the color of
a shape, but don't blink the text.

--
df - Microsoft MVP FoxPro http://www.geocities.com/df_foxpro

Quote:
> I need to know whether any possible function to blink a text in VFP 7.0 ?

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:02:00 GMT
 How to blink text ?
Hi Calvin:

Take a look at this article:

140292 How to Create Blinking Text
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=140292

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>Hi,
>I need to know whether any possible function to blink a text in VFP 7.0 ?
>Thanks

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:59:36 GMT
 How to blink text ?

Quote:
> Calvin,

> Every UI design guide I've ever read strongly recommends against using
> blinking text. You can use the timer Cindy suggested to change the color
of
> a shape, but don't blink the text.

I can't think of it applying to a database but I have seen this in sound
recording software, it blinks "RECORDING" in bright red text whilst
recording - that is the only case I have found where I actually like it to
blink.
--
Regards
Andrwe Howell

Sat, 01 Oct 2005 23:00:04 GMT

1. problem with blinking text in VFP6

2. blinking text

3. Object or Text Blinking.

4. Help - Blinking on SHOW GET (object)

5. Blinking wait window command possible?

6. Blinking and Bright Color Set?

7. Bright AND Blinking colors?

8. FoxPro 2.5 and Amber Monitor - Too much blinking

9. Question BLINKing Fields and CLEARing Date field

10. Make words blink in VFP 6.0?

11. how to let the lable blinking on a form

12. VFP blinking fonts