converting from DBASE prg files
Author Message
 converting from DBASE prg files

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to attempt to convert a program from DBAse 3 to VFP
5.0. The program was just prg files, with no forms or anything. Now I'm
trying to add forms to these files so that it has the Windows 9x look.

I have developed a Windows 9x looking login screen, but so far I have yet to
be able to figure out how to load it. The form is called sword, I've tried
sword.show but I always get the response that sword isn't known. I have
added the file to the project.

Can anyone please give me any advice on how to do this? Or if there's
another easier way for me to add forms to a text only DBase without
re-writing everything (I have a time-dead line that makes that choice hard
to live with).

Any help will be much appreciated,

Chris Moody

Fri, 13 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 converting from DBASE prg files

A side note first, you probably should rewrite the db3 app as VFP is a whole
different world.

sword.show() is the correct call.

When you created the form, did you create it under Documents or under
Classes? If under Classes, then you didn't really create a form, you created
a class on which to base a new form. If you created it as a class, you could
get this message.

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I'm currently trying to attempt to convert a program from DBAse 3 to VFP
>5.0. The program was just prg files, with no forms or anything. Now I'm
>trying to add forms to these files so that it has the Windows 9x look.

>I have developed a Windows 9x looking login screen, but so far I have yet
>be able to figure out how to load it. The form is called sword, I've tried
>sword.show but I always get the response that sword isn't known. I have
>added the file to the project.

>Can anyone please give me any advice on how to do this? Or if there's
>another easier way for me to add forms to a text only DBase without
>re-writing everything (I have a time-dead line that makes that choice hard
>to live with).

>Any help will be much appreciated,

>Chris Moody

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 converting from DBASE prg files

I vote for a rewrite, you'll be better off in the long run.

sword.show() is the correct call.

When you created your form, did you create it under Documents or under
Classes. If under classes, then you really did not create a form, you
created a class on which to base a new form. If you created it as a class,
you could get the sword not known message.

Mike

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I'm currently trying to attempt to convert a program from DBAse 3 to VFP
>5.0. The program was just prg files, with no forms or anything. Now I'm
>trying to add forms to these files so that it has the Windows 9x look.

>I have developed a Windows 9x looking login screen, but so far I have yet
>be able to figure out how to load it. The form is called sword, I've tried
>sword.show but I always get the response that sword isn't known. I have
>added the file to the project.

>Can anyone please give me any advice on how to do this? Or if there's
>another easier way for me to add forms to a text only DBase without
>re-writing everything (I have a time-dead line that makes that choice hard
>to live with).

>Any help will be much appreciated,

>Chris Moody

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to convert .exe files back to prg source .code files

2. How to convert FoxPro 6.0 to DBASE IV and DBASE IV to MSSQL

3. Converting FoxPro 2.5 files to dBase III?

4. Using DBase Files without converting.

5. Exporting dBASE IV memo field to ASCII file without using dbase IV

6. Wanted: Utility to convert FoxPro to dBASE III.

7. How to convert from dBase (Atari) to FoxPro?

8. Converting from Dbase 1.5 to Foxpro for Windows

9. Converting dBASE 3+ Reports to Fox

10. Convert from DBase IV to FoxPro?

11. Converting from Foxpro to Dbase

12. converting to DBase III format