FP 2.6 exe launch with FP Screen first
Author Message
 FP 2.6 exe launch with FP Screen first

I searched for FAQ, but I can`t find:

When I launch an *.exe, it starts with white Screen, FP Menu and FP Title.
Just a second later, my original (smaller) sreen appears.

Is there any possibility to prevent it? It seems to be, that this white screen
appears in resolution of my developer PC. So, it would help to minimize it.

I tried to startup minimized via Icon, and "zoom windw xx" for main screen,
but that did`t work.

If there s another way to prevent it in the exe, I would be thankful.
Thanks

+++     Rolf Blenn
+++     Netadministration
+++     Berufsfoerderungszentrum ESSEN
+++     +49 201 3204-479

+++     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 FP 2.6 exe launch with FP Screen first

Open your project and go to project on the menu then options.  Turn off the
logo option.

Quote:
>When I launch an *.exe, it starts with white Screen, FP Menu and FP Title.
>Just a second later, my original (smaller) sreen appears.

Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 FP 2.6 exe launch with FP Screen first

Quote:

>Open your project and go to project on the menu then options.  Turn off the
>logo option.

>>When I launch an *.exe, it starts with white Screen, FP Menu and FP Title.
>>Just a second later, my original (smaller) sreen appears.

Thanks everybody for the "logo" Solution. But the problem, that a compiled
*.exe initializes with the original Fox Pro Screen, white Backgrond, Full Fox
Menu and fullscreen for a second, was still not solved.

I have a Main Application Screen, just 200x200 Pixel, and it don`t looks very
professional, starting that way. I asked the german Fox Hotline, (you have to
pay after a few days, but for what?), they say, no solution, I should buy VFP.
But there are too many customers using 3.11, with less of memory, so VFP is
not useable.

I tried to stop the main screen by starting minimized, and adding a "zoom
window" statement in my init code. But, however, Fox Screen is visible at
first (NOT the logo, now it`s changed).

Ive heard from someone, who has patched the *.esl file with his own app Icon
(to solve the problem, that Fox Icon is sometimes visible in left upper corner
of an application in w95). So possibly someone has patched it to start really
with the application window. Or maybe there is any other way.

Thanks

+++     Rolf Blenn
+++     Netadministration
+++     Berufsfoerderungszentrum ESSEN
+++     +49 201 3204-479

+++     http://www.bfz-essen.de/blenn.htm

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. transporting report from FP 2.6 for DOS to FP 2.6 for Windows

2. Patch from FP 2.6 to 2.6 Error Foxprow.exe not a baseline file

3. FP 2.6 & Screen Emulation

4. FP 2.6 Screen Gen Bug

5. Hide FP 2.0 screen msg when starting exe??

6. Screen Sets (FP 2.6)

7. Unable to build EXE in FP DOS 2.6

8. FP 2.6 .EXE files

9. I need a patch to FP 2.5 or 2.6 for DOS to make *.exe files

10. FP 2.6 accessing a VFP .EXE or .DLL?

11. EXE - FP -- Why does my exe not work with append blank - Help