VFP 7.0 Report Question
Author Message
 VFP 7.0 Report Question

Hi;
I have been using VFP6 with great results. I am thinking
of upgrading to version 7. Could anyone tell me if the
reports in preview mode allow you to zoom in more than
100%. We have several reports with lots of info using
small fonts and they are not really readable at 100% and
pretty well have to be printed out to read the info. I was
hoping version 7 would have improved this. Also, is it
worth upgrading and what are some of the advantages over
version 6. I have been reluctant to upgrade since it has
performed very well for us. Thanks in advance.
Mike.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:15:30 GMT
 VFP 7.0 Report Question
If you're considering upgrading, please do yourself a favor and upgrade to
VFP8. It should be available in a week or two. Once you try it you'll never
want to open VFP6 again.

However, the reports zoom feature isn't all that different than VFP6. I'd
like to point out that the report preview was never intended to present data
to the user. It's designed for determining what pages to print, etc. and,
with real data viewing being left for the hardcopy.

> Hi;
> I have been using VFP6 with great results. I am thinking
> of upgrading to version 7. Could anyone tell me if the
> reports in preview mode allow you to zoom in more than
> 100%. We have several reports with lots of info using
> small fonts and they are not really readable at 100% and
> pretty well have to be printed out to read the info. I was
> hoping version 7 would have improved this. Also, is it
> worth upgrading and what are some of the advantages over
> version 6. I have been reluctant to upgrade since it has
> performed very well for us. Thanks in advance.
> Mi

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:58:37 GMT
 VFP 7.0 Report Question
There is a solution that you can use regardless of which version of VFP that
you are using.

Get yourself a printer driver that outputs PDF files (or you can get the
full version of Adobe Acrobat itself). Create PDF's out of your reports and
use the Acrobat viewer as your on screen report viewer. As a viewer you will
find Acrobat has many more "preview" features including zooming larger than
100%.

If you decide you need to email or publish these reports you will already
have them in a portable format. If you don't need to do this then you can
just delete the file after the user views/prints the report.

Jeff

Quote:
> Hi;
> I have been using VFP6 with great results. I am thinking
> of upgrading to version 7. Could anyone tell me if the
> reports in preview mode allow you to zoom in more than
> 100%. We have several reports with lots of info using
> small fonts and they are not really readable at 100% and
> pretty well have to be printed out to read the info. I was
> hoping version 7 would have improved this. Also, is it
> worth upgrading and what are some of the advantages over
> version 6. I have been reluctant to upgrade since it has
> performed very well for us. Thanks in advance.
> Mike.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:01:40 GMT

1. Report Writer Question for 7.0

2. upsizing vfp table to SQL 7.0 newbe question

3. HELP VFP 7.0 Simple Question

4. Upsize Current VFP 7.0 to SQL Server Forms question

5. VFP 6.0/SQL 7.0 Replication & Reporting Application

6. VFP 7.0 reports to PDF File

7. VFP 7.0 & Activex w/Reports

8. VFP 5.0 Pro Upgrade CD to VFP 7.0 Pro Version Upgrade CD

9. VFP 5.0 to VFP 7.0

10. Converson VFP 5.0 -> VFP 7.0

11. Printing Sub-Reports in Visual FoxPro 7.0

12. Crystal Reports 7.0