Extracting data from remote Sql View
Author Message
 Extracting data from remote Sql View

What is the preferred way to extract data from an sql view?
I can't seem to come up with a solid way to get data from an sql view
and append it to an extract .dbf. the extract is to be used later to
print reports.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jonathan Osifchin

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Extracting data from remote Sql View
Jonathan,
You can create a table in the database on the fly with:

afields(laTable,"viewname")
create table viewname from array laTable

This will preserve the long field names.

- Keith

Quote:

> What is the preferred way to extract data from an sql view?
> I can't seem to come up with a solid way to get data from an sql view
> and append it to an extract .dbf. the extract is to be used later to
> print reports.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Jonathan Osifchin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Extracting data from remote Sql View

What's the problem?

Quote:
> What is the preferred way to extract data from an sql view?
> I can't seem to come up with a solid way to get data from an sql view
> and append it to an extract .dbf. the extract is to be used later to
> print reports.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Jonathan Osifchin

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Extracting data from remote Sql View

Thanks

Quote:

> Jonathan,
> You can create a table in the database on the fly with:

> afields(laTable,"viewname")
> create table viewname from array laTable

> This will preserve the long field names.

> - Keith

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. best way to update data to SQL Server with remote views

2. Remote View prompting for parameters on CREATE SQL VIEW

3. Remote view prompting for parameters on CREATE SQL VIEW

4. updating remote SQL data using SQL pass-thru

5. Remote view w/form on Oracle Data

6. Remote views vs. data business objects (classes)

7. Remote View Data Loading is Slow (all records!)

8. Append Remote View data into Table

9. SET ANSI ON OFF - How to set EXACT OFF on views or remote data

10. Combining data from several remote views into one report

11. Modifying a Remote Data View

12. Fill table with data from a remote view.