VFP 5.0--textbox control source question
Author Message
 VFP 5.0--textbox control source question

Hi,

I have a screen with textboxes to edit database fields. I do not wish
the database to remain open during this process. If I issue a scatter
memvar command, the information is not gathered. I was told to reference
the object since the m.textinfo must be out of scope

ie:replace database.textinfo with thisform.pageframe1.page1.m.textinfo

There are too many variables to do this individually. Someone suggested
issuing a scatter name database, but the objects disappear when the
database is closed (m.database.textinfo loses its value). I tried
scattering name to an object:

scatter name M

This seems to work when I scatter and gather manually. The question is,
how do I now reference the textbox control source back to the properties
contained in M? M.Textinfo does not display a value in the box and I get
a message that the object does not exist. If I use the de{*filter*} to show
the value of M, it lists all of the fields from the database:

        +M
                textinfo
                textinfo1
                textinfo2

However, m.textinfo says expression cannot be evaluated. What do I put
in the control source property of the textbox to reference the
information now contained in M?

Thanks.

--------Jake

Mon, 04 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP 5.0 textbox control source question

2. dynamic textbox control source

3. dynamic textbox control source

4. Printing Rich Textbox Active X Control source data in a VFP5.0 report

5. dynamic textbox control source

6. textbox control on forms skipping to next textbox

7. VFP Reports: How to control the input-source in VFP-Reports

8. Regarding VFP source code protection (Keywords: REFOX, decompile, VFP source code, Foxafe)

9. VFP and Source Control Softwares

10. How to control the input-source in VFP Reports

11. VFP project under VSS source control

12. Source Code Control and VFP