Formset as Top-Level Form?
Author Message
 Formset as Top-Level Form?

Can anybody help me?

I created a Formset-class with a form and a toolbar in the formset.

Now I want to set the formset to Top-Level. I set the ShowWindow-Property of
the formset to 'As toplevel-form' and the ShowWindow-Property of form and
toolbar to 'in toplevel-form'.
But only the Form becomes top-level and the toolbar is still in the
FoxPro-Screen.
Whats wrong?

The only way I found to add a toolbar in my Form is to insert a toolbar from
a class in the Activate-Method with CREATEOBJECT(), but I'd like to design
the toolbar in the formset. (Each formset has a toolbar from the same class,
but with some special properties for the current formset)

Thank you for your help...

Mon, 10 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formset as Top-Level Form?

Quote:

>...what you can do is set NOINIT for the toolbar so its initialization will
not
>occur automatically and do that manually after the form is the active one

Thank you for your answer. Where can I add this NOINIT-clause in the class
designer?

Matthias

Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formset as Top-Level Form?

choose Class info from the Class menu you can set that in the second tab

Arnon

Quote:

>>...what you can do is set NOINIT for the toolbar so its initialization
will
>not
>>occur automatically and do that manually after the form is the active one

>Thank you for your answer. Where can I add this NOINIT-clause in the class
>designer?

>Matthias

Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Formset as Top-Level Form?

Quote:
>The toolbar is initiated allready bevore the Init-Event (Load-Event?). It
is
>allready visible and in the Foxpro-Screen bevore I call (with a button in
>the screen) the Init() of the toolbar.

Hi there,

I have never done it Arnon's way (although if Arnon says it works that way
it probably does <s>).

However, I do create toolbars in Top forms quite a bit.

The trick is to Init them *after* you make sure that the Top form is the
current form (WONTOP()).

Like this:

MyTopFormRef.Show()
x = createobject("MyToolbar")
x.Show()

... this should work... and it doesn't matter if the "x" reference var is a
member of some other object, or even an addobject() to a formset that is
supposed to be in the main application window <s>.

Quote:
>L<

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding a Top Level Form to an app object based on a formset

2. Specifying top-level form in formset (VFP 5.0)

3. Strange problem with modal forms and Application in top-level form

4. addressing form from menu on top level form ?

5. Top level form menu & active form

6. release form - from menubar of top level form ?

7. Top Level form/Modal form conflict.

8. Question: Forms displayed inside other top-level forms

9. Top level form - modal form ??

10. Form not appearing in top-level form.

11. Form not appearing in top-level form.

12. Problems with calling Forms from Forms witihin a Top Level App