Need help - Foxpro/Visual Basic connection
Author Message
 Need help - Foxpro/Visual Basic connection

Quote:

>From: Bruce Walden
>Subject: Need help - Foxpro/Visual Basic connection
>Date: 10 Jan 1995 07:59:59 -0400
>I need to write a Windows application with a Visual Basic front end which
>reads from foxpro databases.
>Can someone tell me the best and fastest way to transfer data from
>foxpro databases to visual basic over the network.
>Should I use DDE, or SQL Server with ODBC, or another method altogether ?
>Thanks

Bruce --

I just saw something in a local (San Diego) computer rag that mentioned
something called ROCKET, supposedly adds x-base functions, commands, & file
compatibility to VB.  Seems like it lists for $129 or something like that and
I think they mentioned a demo on a local bbs.  Haven't used it myself but it
sounded pretty good.

E-mail me if you want me to dig up the magazine, I think it's around here
somewhere.  I can send you more details if you like (and assuming i find it!)

Marc Linn

Mon, 30 Jun 1997 06:30:16 GMT
 Need help - Foxpro/Visual Basic connection

Quote:
>I need to write a Windows application with a Visual Basic front end which
>reads from foxpro databases.
>Can someone tell me the best and fastest way to transfer data from
>foxpro databases to visual basic over the network.
>Should I use DDE, or SQL Server with ODBC, or another method altogether ?

Assuming you have VB 3.0, you can access FoxPro data directly in VB.  When
creating any given form, you can add a data control which directly
connects to the FP database.  Set the Connect property on the control to
Foxpro 2.5.  Set the DatabaseName property to the subdirectory in which
your FP tables are stored.  Set the RecordSource property to the table you
wish to access (or alternately enter a SQL query).  You can then bind data
fields and other controls to this data control.

All available data manipulation for Access data is provided for FoxPro
data.  I am only working on my first project using this method in VB (my
previous experience is in FP), but my initial experiences have been good.

Good luck,
TLArcher

Sat, 05 Jul 1997 08:36:59 GMT

1. Visual FoxPro calling Visual Basic - Help

2. ODBC DSN-less connection from Visual Basic to FP

3. HELP: using FoxPro with Visual Basic

4. Visual FoxPro vs Visual Basic vs C++...

5. convert visual foxpro to visual basic

6. Visual FoxPro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

7. Visual FoxPro to Visual Basic Conversion

8. Visual FoxPro compared to Visual Basic

9. How Visual Foxpro can be called by Visual Basic

10. Visual FoxPro or Visual Basic...Which is better?

11. Visual Foxpro or Visual Basic ...Which is better ?

12. VISUAL BASIC VS. VISUAL FOXPRO VS. POWERBUILDER