Fatal Exception Error and Shut Down
Author Message
 Fatal Exception Error and Shut Down

I have compiled a simple program with 2 tables, 4 screens
and only 1 report.  It works fine in the project and the
exe file.  After I have run set up and copied all files
from disk images dir, it gives the following message when
I set the stage to preview and print the report:

Fatal error:  except code = C0000005
Called from: from1.command6.click line 3. {c:\rx144
\final.scx}
Called from: from1.command2.click line 5. {c:\rx144
\rxlist.scx}
Called from: from1.activate line 1. {c:\rx144\rxmain.scx}
Called from: bfn10019 line 0. {c:\rx144\rxmain.sct}

It then closes the program and takes me back to the desk
top.

For a little more information on the above files
the "rxmain" is the initial form with a READ EVENTS and 3
command buttons.  One to open a form (rxlist) and table
(rxlist) to work with.  One to open the same table to
perform maintenance.  They are never requested at the same
time.  ANd the 3rd button to CLEAR and exit the program.

The "rxlist" is a single screen with a grid and a check
box to mark used products.  A button to refresh the screen
and a button to go to the form "final" which will generate
the final numbers to print the report.

"final" is a packed table that accepts the array
from "rxlist".

The Print button is just that.  It calls for REPORT
FORM "final" Preview

Hope the above can help in solving this problem with the
actual Run-Time.

Thanks
PB

Thu, 20 Oct 2005 01:14:03 GMT
 Fatal Exception Error and Shut Down
Hi PB:

What operating system runs this application?
What version of VFP do you have?

Here are some recommendations:

1. Rename or delete any Foxuser.dbf or Foxuser.fpt files the executable
uses.
2. Make sure the run-time files are the same version as that of the
development version.
3. Remove all the Windows printer drivers and install the Genetic/Text only
driver. Test the report.
4. Add an _FPReset() function to before and after calling any report.  See
this article for an example:

183522 FIX: Divide by Zero Creates Err with Third-Party Print Drivers
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=183522

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

*-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
   http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
Purchase VFP8 here:
   http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
   - VFP5 Mainstream Support retires June 30th, 2003
   - VFP6 Mainstream Support retires Sep. 30th, 2003

Quote:
>I have compiled a simple program with 2 tables, 4 screens
>and only 1 report.  It works fine in the project and the
>exe file.  After I have run set up and copied all files
>from disk images dir, it gives the following message when
>I set the stage to preview and print the report:
>Fatal error:  except code = C0000005
>Called from: from1.command6.click line 3. {c:\rx144
>\final.scx}
>Called from: from1.command2.click line 5. {c:\rx144
>\rxlist.scx}
>Called from: from1.activate line 1. {c:\rx144\rxmain.scx}
>Called from: bfn10019 line 0. {c:\rx144\rxmain.sct}
>It then closes the program and takes me back to the desk
>top.
>For a little more information on the above files
>the "rxmain" is the initial form with a READ EVENTS and 3
>command buttons.  One to open a form (rxlist) and table
>(rxlist) to work with.  One to open the same table to
>perform maintenance.  They are never requested at the same
>time.  ANd the 3rd button to CLEAR and exit the program.
>The "rxlist" is a single screen with a grid and a check
>box to mark used products.  A button to refresh the screen
>and a button to go to the form "final" which will generate
>the final numbers to print the report.
>"final" is a packed table that accepts the array
>from "rxlist".
>The Print button is just that.  It calls for REPORT
>FORM "final" Preview
>Hope the above can help in solving this problem with the
>actual Run-Time.
>Thanks
>PB

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:53:12 GMT
 Fatal Exception Error and Shut Down
Hi PB,

Check if there is a unique id in any of your table which
u are using and the uniqueness is being violated...?

i.e. a new record is being created with the same key
value which should be unique in the table.

GUPTA

Quote:

confers no rights.

>Sincerely,
>Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
>Lee Mitchell

>*-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
>Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:

http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Relea
se.asp

>Purchase VFP8 here:
>   http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?
siteID=11518

>Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro
here:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;
[ln];lifeprodv
>   - VFP5 Mainstream Support retires June 30th, 2003
>   - VFP6 Mainstream Support retires Sep. 30th, 2003

>>I have compiled a simple program with 2 tables, 4
screens
>>and only 1 report.  It works fine in the project and
the
>>exe file.  After I have run set up and copied all files
>>from disk images dir, it gives the following message
when
>>I set the stage to preview and print the report:

>>Fatal error:  except code = C0000005
>>Called from: from1.command6.click line 3. {c:\rx144
>>\final.scx}
>>Called from: from1.command2.click line 5. {c:\rx144
>>\rxlist.scx}
>>Called from: from1.activate line 1. {c:\rx144
\rxmain.scx}
>>Called from: bfn10019 line 0. {c:\rx144\rxmain.sct}

>>It then closes the program and takes me back to the
desk
>>top.

>>For a little more information on the above files
>>the "rxmain" is the initial form with a READ EVENTS and
3
>>command buttons.  One to open a form (rxlist) and table
>>(rxlist) to work with.  One to open the same table to
>>perform maintenance.  They are never requested at the
same
>>time.  ANd the 3rd button to CLEAR and exit the program.

>>The "rxlist" is a single screen with a grid and a check
>>box to mark used products.  A button to refresh the
screen
>>and a button to go to the form "final" which will
generate
>>the final numbers to print the report.

>>"final" is a packed table that accepts the array
>>from "rxlist".

>>The Print button is just that.  It calls for REPORT
>>FORM "final" Preview

>>Hope the above can help in solving this problem with
the
>>actual Run-Time.

>>Thanks
>>PB

>.

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 02:32:27 GMT

1. Fatal Exception: Exception Code=C00000FD

2. fatal error exception code

3. Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005

4. Fatal Error: Exception code=C0000005

5. Fatal error : Exception code = C0000005

6. fatal error: Exception code=C00000FD

7. A fatal exception error for vfp6 app.

8. Fatal error exception code = C0000005

9. Fatal Error Exception Code=C0000005

10. A fatal exception error

11. C00005 fatal exception error

12. fatal exception error and blue screen