NT value for OS()
Author Message
 NT value for OS()

Easy one...

What is the value returned by OS() on an NT 4 machine?  (Don't have an NT 4
box and Win2K appears to give a result more in line with Win9x.)

TIA,

John

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT value for OS()
John,
It returns "Windows NT 4.00" in both VFP 5.0 and 6.0.

Rick

Quote:
> Easy one...

> What is the value returned by OS() on an NT 4 machine?  (Don't have an NT
4
> box and Win2K appears to give a result more in line with Win9x.)

> TIA,

> John

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT value for OS()

OS -> win nt 4.0 sp6

   vfp 6.0 -> "Windows NT 4.00"

   vfp 5.0 -> "Windows NT 4.00"

HTH, Ivan

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT value for OS()

Hi John

Mine say "Windows NT 4.0"

HTH
Markus

Quote:
> Easy one...

> What is the value returned by OS() on an NT 4 machine?  (Don't have an NT
4
> box and Win2K appears to give a result more in line with Win9x.)

> TIA,

> John

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT value for OS()

Thanks, Rick.  That's what I needed!

-John

Quote:
> John,
> It returns "Windows NT 4.00" in both VFP 5.0 and 6.0.

> Rick

> > Easy one...

> > What is the value returned by OS() on an NT 4 machine?  (Don't have an
NT
> 4
> > box and Win2K appears to give a result more in line with Win9x.)

> > TIA,

> > John

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT value for OS()

Quote:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q250/5/12.asp
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\stddsclm.h"

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT value for OS()
Garrett,
As long as I'm updating this code, got any idea what Win ME returns? (VFP?
FPD/W?)

Rick

Quote:

> > OS -> win nt 4.0 sp6

> >    vfp 6.0 -> "Windows NT 4.00"

> >    vfp 5.0 -> "Windows NT 4.00"

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q250/5/12.asp
> --
> Garrett Fitzgerald
> #INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\stddsclm.h"

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT value for OS()

(Rick Bean) quoth...

Quote:
> As long as I'm updating this code, got any idea what Win ME returns? (VFP?
> FPD/W?)

Windows 4.90, according to VFP6SP4. I'm sure the other versions will
support the same.
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
#INCLUDE "\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VFP98\stddsclm.h"

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Return values from the OS() command.

2. How to set OS environment variable value?

3. Foxpro 2.6 e-mail in 32 bit OS, Win95 and NT

4. OS() reports incorrect OS version under VFP 5.0a

5. change value in table depending on values in other table

6. VFP5.0: Character fields with Null values will not accept text values

7. update values in table A from values in table B

8. How to convert Filer.Dll DateTime, LastWriteTime and LastAccessTime values to VFP dateTime values

9. Numeric field: how to distinguish between no value and 0 value

10. ListBox Value Property = List Item or Actual Value?

11. Store a Value to specificly numeric and a question about Value of txtBox

12. grid.txt.values VS. table.values