Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...
Author Message
 Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...

Does anyone know where I can get an update for the file Foxw2600.esl?  I
use a version that is a few years old and now when I run my program on a
Windows98 machine, it crashes.  This problem only occurs when the program
is installed on a networked drive as it works perfectly when run from a
local drive.

I suspect the file is not up-to-date enough for Windows 98 to work with and
I'm hoping I can get my hands on a newer version...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

Richard Barton

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...
Thats odd , Ive not heard of that, there is a known problem with fast
machines and there is patch on MS's www site for that.  But for the
same file to work on a network and not remote would seem odd.  Try the
patch (dont have URL off hand sorry)

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:38:17 GMT, "Richard Barton"

Quote:

>Does anyone know where I can get an update for the file Foxw2600.esl?  I
>use a version that is a few years old and now when I run my program on a
>Windows98 machine, it crashes.  This problem only occurs when the program
>is installed on a networked drive as it works perfectly when run from a
>local drive.

>I suspect the file is not up-to-date enough for Windows 98 to work with and
>I'm hoping I can get my hands on a newer version...

>Anyone have any ideas?

>Thanks for your time,

>Richard Barton

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...
Richard,
Go to http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q186/8/34.asp for
information on the fix and Patch file. Note: It only works for FPW 2.6a, so
if you need to upgrade from 2.6 to 2.6a, go to
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q102/8/93.asp

Rick

Quote:
> Does anyone know where I can get an update for the file Foxw2600.esl?  I
> use a version that is a few years old and now when I run my program on a
> Windows98 machine, it crashes.  This problem only occurs when the program
> is installed on a networked drive as it works perfectly when run from a
> local drive.

> I suspect the file is not up-to-date enough for Windows 98 to work with
and
> I'm hoping I can get my hands on a newer version...

> Anyone have any ideas?

> Thanks for your time,

> Richard Barton

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...
Thanks very much for your help, I have downloaded the patch and it seems to
have resolved this error.

Richard.

Quote:
> Does anyone know where I can get an update for the file Foxw2600.esl?  I
> use a version that is a few years old and now when I run my program on a
> Windows98 machine, it crashes.  This problem only occurs when the program
> is installed on a networked drive as it works perfectly when run from a
> local drive.

> I suspect the file is not up-to-date enough for Windows 98 to work with
and
> I'm hoping I can get my hands on a newer version...

> Anyone have any ideas?

> Thanks for your time,

> Richard Barton

Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delivery foxw2600.esl

2. RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

3. FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL

4. FOXW2600.ESL

5. foxw2600.esl file size error

6. Foxw2600.esl file location

7. Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL

8. replace foxw2600.esl ICON -- How?

9. foxw2600.esl parameters?

10. FOXW2600.ESL - have i got the latest version?

11. Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL

12. Help Need "foxw2600.esl"