2.6 Tables in VFP
Author Message
 2.6 Tables in VFP

Hi,
I have a app that is in VFP 5.0. It creates records that are also used
by a FPW 2.6 app. The only problem is a search for a record ie "SONO"
character field  8 characters  added by vfp is not found by 2.6 app. A
list of records sees the added record any ideas?
Thanks
--

 C. Dexter Southerland  CNE-3/CNE-4/CNE-IntranetWare

 Genius is nothing but a greater aptitude for patience.
 Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 2.6 Tables in VFP

Hmmmm...

I *do* see new fields using browse last in FPW2.6.

That is, I create a  table with fields one, two, three and BROWSE it.

Then I add field four (just for kicks I put it before field three).

Now I BROWSE LAST.

I see fields one, two, three, four (in that order).

Now I BROWSE.

I see fields one, two, four, three (in that order).

The behaviour you are dsescribing is familiar to me, but I wonder if it was
true in a version previous to the 2.6 I have, or if there is something else
going on.

Quote:
> Are you by any chance using BROWSE LAST in FP 2.6 to view the table?
> BROWSE LAST will not pickup any fields added since the last time the
table
> was BROWSEd. Note that BROWSE LAST is called if you click on the BROWSE
> button in the Data Session window.

> Do a BROWSE from the command line to see all the fields in the table.

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 2.6 Tables in VFP

Are you by any chance using BROWSE LAST in FP 2.6 to view the table?
BROWSE LAST will not pickup any fields added since the last time the table
was BROWSEd. Note that BROWSE LAST is called if you click on the BROWSE
button in the Data Session window.

Do a BROWSE from the command line to see all the fields in the table.

Regards,

Brian Farquhar
United Arab Shipping Co., Singapore

Quote:

> Hi,
> I have a app that is in VFP 5.0. It creates records that are also used
> by a FPW 2.6 app. The only problem is a search for a record ie "SONO"
> character field  8 characters  added by vfp is not found by 2.6 app. A
> list of records sees the added record any ideas?
> Thanks
> --

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using FoxPro 2.6 tables in VFP 5 without changing the Code Page

2. VFP ODBC to Fox 2.6 table: Blank date problem

3. VFP 6.0 table accessed by 2.6 for DOS app

4. Importing Foxpro 2.6 Table into a VFP container

5. copying data from fpw 2.6 to VFP 5 tables

6. determining whether table is 2.6 ofr VFP format

7. VFP 6.0 working with 2.6 tables

8. Programmatically ALTERing TABLE structure of SQL table from VFP

9. Microsoft Access Table in a VFP 5.0 Table

10. VFP 5.0 Tables vs. 3.0 Tables

11. Word Table Export to VFP Table?

12. Access table to VFP table