FoxPro 2.6 for DOS under XP?
Author Message
 FoxPro 2.6 for DOS under XP?

Hi all,

Under Windows XP, I tried to run an old exe I wrote in FoxPro
2.6 for DOS, but during a READ, hitting Ctrl-W locked it up.
Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks,
Dave

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:08:41 GMT
 FoxPro 2.6 for DOS under XP?
David,
How are you firing your application up? This seems to work fine on my XP Pro
system. What are your configuration settings in the .LNK (.PIF?)? What are
your CONFIG.FP settings? What settings are you running your video / monitor
on? If you are just failing in the runtime, how did you compile the
.EXE/.APP? Memory configuration, and MEMLIMIT settings can be important. Is
this really 2.6 or 2.6a?

Rick

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Under Windows XP, I tried to run an old exe I wrote in FoxPro
> 2.6 for DOS, but during a READ, hitting Ctrl-W locked it up.
> Does anyone know a workaround?

> Thanks,
> Dave

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:31:57 GMT
 FoxPro 2.6 for DOS under XP?

I go to start acessories and then command promt- try to run it from
there maybe it'll work

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:55:30 GMT
 FoxPro 2.6 for DOS under XP?
Rick,

I thought I had had MEMLIMIT already set, but I did not; so I just set it to:

    MEMLIMIT=80,1024,4096

and Ctrl-W now works!  Thank you very much for your help.

Dave

Quote:

> David,
> How are you firing your application up? This seems to work fine on my XP Pro
> system. What are your configuration settings in the .LNK (.PIF?)? What are
> your CONFIG.FP settings? What settings are you running your video / monitor
> on? If you are just failing in the runtime, how did you compile the
> .EXE/.APP? Memory configuration, and MEMLIMIT settings can be important. Is
> this really 2.6 or 2.6a?

> Rick

Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:51:36 GMT
 FoxPro 2.6 for DOS under XP?

Dear Dave

Pleas kindly, can you show me the way to create an exe file to run a
program written in FoxPro 2.6 dos version, if it is possible.

I appreciate this for you sir.
Thanks, and best Regards
Tawfeek

Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:47:06 GMT

1. Foxpro 2.6 FOR DOS and Windows XP

2. WTB: Foxbase+, FoxPro 1.0 for Win, FoxPro 2.0 for DOS, FoxPro 2.6 DOS/Win

3. Transporting from FoxPro 2.6/DOS to FoxPro 2.6/WINDOWS

4. FoxPro 2.6 for DOS - Cursor colour is wrong in a DOS Window

5. SQL SELECT problem in Foxpro 2.6 for DOS in W2k DOS Window

6. foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP

7. FOXPRO 2.6 PRINTING IN WINDOWS XP

8. Foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP

9. Foxpro 2.6 applications and XP

10. Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP

11. Access to FoxPro 2.6 with DAO from Excel XP

12. Help! Foxpro 2.6 and XP