Step by step book for Macintosh
Author Message
 Step by step book for Macintosh

Recently I bought Visual Foxpro 3.0 for Power Mac.  I want to have  a

step by step intruductory book for this software.  Apparently all

Forpro books are for windows.  I would like to know if there are any

Foxpro books for Mac and which one is the best?  Thank you in advance.

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Step by step book for Macintosh

Recently I bought Visual Foxpro 3.0 for Power Mac.  I want to have  a

step by step intruductory book for this software.  Apparently all

Forpro books are for windows.  I would like to know if there are any

Foxpro books for Mac and which one is the best?  Thank you in advance.

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Step by step book for Macintosh

Quote:

> Recently I bought Visual Foxpro 3.0 for Power Mac.  I want to have a
> step by step intruductory book for this software.  Apparently all
> Forpro books are for windows.  I would like to know if there are any
> Foxpro books for Mac and which one is the best?  Thank you in advance.

On the recommendation of somebody else in a FP newsgroup, I bought
"Object Orientation in Visual Foxpro" by Savannah Brentnall (ISBN
0201479435, list $19.95).  Am reading it now for general OOP background,
and it's good.  Not oriented toward any particular platform.

For FP 2.6 on the Mac, "Foxpro Machete: Hacking Foxpro" by Lisa Slater
is good.   I'm running on a 68K Mac that doesn't support VFP, so I'm not
up to date on other Mac books for it.  I suspect, however, that if
there's a "Hacking Foxpro" for VFP, that might be good, and the other
author I've heard of in connection with Mac is Tamar Granor.

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Step by step book for Macintosh

Quote:

>Recently I bought Visual Foxpro 3.0 for Power Mac.  I want to have  a
>step by step intruductory book for this software.  Apparently all
>Forpro books are for windows.  I would like to know if there are any
>Foxpro books for Mac and which one is the best?  Thank you in advance.

"Teach Yourself Visual Foxpro 3.0 for the Mac," Nelson King, MIS Press,
ISBN 1-55828-496-6 is billed as a beginning through intermediate level book
that seems to have a decent approach.

The VFP 3.0 for windows books might represent a better value (i.e., you can
find them sometimes at deep discounts, since version 5 is out now). And, as
others have suggested, the windows version of the program is _very_ similar
to the Mac version -- The Mac version even comes with a copy of the Windows
interface hard coded in it.

Dave

Dave Reiser

Sun, 18 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. BOOK: Visual Foxpro 3 Step by Step

2. BOOK: Visual Foxpro 3 Step by Step

3. Any other step by step example for Web Connection

4. WTB: MS Visual Foxpro 3.0 Step-by-step

5. VFP3 for Windows Step by Step

6. Visual FoxPro 3 For Windows Step by Step

7. VFP50a - SET STEP ON / SET STEP OFF?

8. Codebook 3.0 - A step-by-Step Guide" by Paul Bienick.

9. Stepping through Fields in a .DBF

10. Set Step On with OLE ?

11. TAPI - First Step

12. Help with multiple step reports