Installing a Foxpro application
Author Message
 Installing a Foxpro application

Hi,
 I am trying to run a custom built foxpro application that
I received on a CD. (exe and a number of dbf files). When
I try to run the application (by double clicking on the
exe in Windows explorer) I get a messge saying  "Cannot
locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro Support Library".

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong.  Do I need to
install Foxpro in my machine before I can run the
application on the CD? or is this a PATH/environment
problem.

Thanks,
John.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 02:15:35 GMT
 Installing a Foxpro application
VFP needs several support libraries installed on the C: drive. Did the CD
just have files that you copied or did you run a Setup program?

--
Craig Berntson
MCSD, Visual FoxPro MVP

Quote:
> Hi,
>  I am trying to run a custom built foxpro application that
> I received on a CD. (exe and a number of dbf files). When
> I try to run the application (by double clicking on the
> exe in Windows explorer) I get a messge saying  "Cannot
> locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro Support Library".

> Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong.  Do I need to
> install Foxpro in my machine before I can run the
> application on the CD? or is this a PATH/environment
> problem.

> Thanks,
> John.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 02:24:41 GMT
 Installing a Foxpro application
Thanks for your replay Craig.
No.  I did not run an install program, I just copied the
files from the CD.  Do I need to buy Foxpro to run the
application, or can I download these required files from
somewhere,
thanks john

Quote:

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:05:12 GMT
 Installing a Foxpro application
Hello, john!
You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:05:12 -0800:

Hello, john!
You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:05:12 -0800:

 JR> Thanks for your replay Craig.
 JR> No.  I did not run an install program, I just copied the
 JR> files from the CD.  Do I need to buy Foxpro to run the
 JR> application, or can I download these required files from
 JR> somewhere,
 JR> thanks john

John, like Craig said, some DLL files are required to run a VFP exe. Check
if you can see these files on the cd. Remember, dll files can be hidden in
Explorer. If you can't get this thing to work, you better contact the
support desk of the creator of that application and tell them you need to
VFP runtime files. You do not have to buy VFP.
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:13:10 GMT
 Installing a Foxpro application
Eric,
 Thanks for your reply. I cannot see any dlls on the
CD and I cannot contact the developer of the application.
Is there any place on the web that I can download the
support file (dlls etc) from,
Thanks,
john

Quote: