Need to save/restore FoxPro environment.
Author Message
 Need to save/restore FoxPro environment.

From within an application I want to be able to save the complete
FoxPro environment, go off and do another routine which may open and
close files, move record pointers, etc.  I know that in theory you can
create a view but this doesn't seem to save the current work area ro
the record pointers for any of the areas.  I could write a routine to
scan the entire workspace and save all this information in an array,
but it seems a bit much.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
do this or, even better, a couple of routines to push and pop the FoxPro
environment, that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Larry.

Sat, 21 Sep 1996 10:30:59 GMT
 Need to save/restore FoxPro environment.

Quote:

>Subject: Need to save/restore FoxPro environment.
>Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 21:30:59 -0500
>From within an application I want to be able to save the complete
>FoxPro environment, go off and do another routine which may open and
>close files, move record pointers, etc.  I know that in theory you can
>create a view but this doesn't seem to save the current work area ro
>the record pointers for any of the areas.  I could write a routine to
>scan the entire workspace and save all this information in an array,
>but it seems a bit much.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
>do this or, even better, a couple of routines to push and pop the FoxPro
>environment, that they wouldn't mind sharing?

>Larry.

        I could really use something like this, too.  If whoever answers this
would mind either posting to the Net or emailing the answer?  Thanks!

--Nick "An algorithm! My kingdom for an algorithm!" Taylor
--
Nicholas W. Taylor, Programmer-mediocre

*=====================================================================*
  "Microsoft rules!  Heh heh, heh heh heh..."
    - MS Spokesman, Bill 'Butthead' Gates
*=====================================================================*

Sat, 21 Sep 1996 22:30:42 GMT

1. restoring data in a multiuser environment

2. Backup and Restore in a multiuser environment

3. How to save and restore table layout?

4. SAVE WINDOWS, RESTORE WINDOWS commands

5. Save and restore properties

6. Saving and restoring printed reports ?

7. How to save/restore screen color?

8. Save and Restore REPROCESS setting

9. Save/Restore and object???

10. Help: Strict Date and save/restore filters

11. Saving a form's data environment

12. Need help restoring the MEMO file.