cannot find the menu generation program
Author Message
 cannot find the menu generation program

I am receiving the message 'cannot find the menu
generation program' when I attempt to compile my VFP 6.0
project.  I have had no problem for over two years, now
receive this message.  Reinstalled VFP 6.0, but it didn't
correct problem. I do see the genmenu.prg in the VFP
directory.  Didn't find anything in Knowledge Base.
I restored the application from backup, as well.

Any ideas????

Thanks, Larry

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:45:54 GMT
 cannot find the menu generation program
Hello, Larry!
You wrote  on Thu, 20 Mar 2003 04:45:54 -0800:

 LN> I am receiving the message 'cannot find the menu
 LN> generation program' when I attempt to compile my VFP 6.0
 LN> project.  I have had no problem for over two years, now
 LN> receive this message.  Reinstalled VFP 6.0, but it didn't
 LN> correct problem. I do see the genmenu.prg in the VFP
 LN> directory.  Didn't find anything in Knowledge Base.
 LN> I restored the application from backup, as well.

 LN> Any ideas????

Check the File Locations tab of the VFP Options dialog. Locate the row for
"Menu Builder".
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:00:31 GMT
 cannot find the menu generation program
I checked the file location and it points to GENMENU.FXP
where I have GENMENU.PRG.  Note, I couldn't find
GENMENU.FXP ony my distribution CD either.  What does
yours show?  Should I change it to GENMENU.PRG?  If you
have GENMENU.FXP, where is it generated (during install)
and where do I get it back?

H. Larry Niemoeller
Office for Human Research Protections
Phone: (301) 435-0015    Fax: (301) 402-0527

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:25:56 GMT
You wrote  on Thu, 20 Mar 2003 06:25:56 -0800:

 LN> I checked the file location and it points to GENMENU.FXP
 LN> where I have GENMENU.PRG.  Note, I couldn't find
 LN> GENMENU.FXP ony my distribution CD either.  What does
 LN> yours show?  Should I change it to GENMENU.PRG?  If you
 LN> have GENMENU.FXP, where is it generated (during install)
 LN> and where do I get it back?

 LN> H. Larry Niemoeller
 LN> Office for Human Research Protections
 LN> Phone: (301) 435-0015    Fax: (301) 402-0527

My settings point to the FXP file too. I think you can regenerate the fxp by
recompiling the prg.
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:37:56 GMT
 cannot find the menu generation program
Larry,
While it shouldn't matter, you can always just compile the program from the command window to create
the .FXP:
COMPILE <actual path>\GENMENU.PRG

Rick

Quote:
> I checked the file location and it points to GENMENU.FXP
> where I have GENMENU.PRG.  Note, I couldn't find
> GENMENU.FXP ony my distribution CD either.  What does
> yours show?  Should I change it to GENMENU.PRG?  If you
> have GENMENU.FXP, where is it generated (during install)
> and where do I get it back?

> H. Larry Niemoeller
> Office for Human Research Protections
> Phone: (301) 435-0015    Fax: (301) 402-0527

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:41:51 GMT
 cannot find the menu generation program
Hi Larry;

I recall getting a similar error. I have a file called
openfile.prg. I believe the menu generator uses a
function call to a procedure called openfile() within the
menu generator. I just changed the function call to
openfile1() as well as where it was being called within
the generator. Perhaps something similar is going on

HTH
Mike

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:34:49 GMT

1. "cannot find the menu-generation program"

2. menu generation error"

3. Menu Generation

4. Programmed generation of reports with graphs

5. Pull down menu for program to reference program

6. Cannot Find ....

7. Foxtools - Cannot find Instance error FPW2.6

8. Cannot find wizstyle.vcx error

9. Rebuild: cannot find the genmenu.prg in VFP6

10. Error:Cannot find Instance

11. Cannot find command.prg

12. File Error - cannot find HPDSKJTB.DRV