Detail band too large 
Author Message
 Detail band too large

Hi All,

I'm having trouble determining why a Win98 machine now gives a "Detail band
is too large to fit on page" error when printing one specific report.  Other
98 machines with the same printer setups have no problems.  The report and
the exe it is compiled into have remained unchanged.  The machine in
question pretty much requires a reboot if multiple attempts are made in a
short period--failing with a Spool32 error leaving the VFP app "not
responding".  That particular machine has also had a fair amount of display
changes (fonts, colors, etc.) but that's about the only notably odd
difference.  The following recent changes may have occured since last
successfully printing:

- We recently swapped which machine was acting as a print server
- We were running the exe from within VFP 6 but now are running just the exe

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

TIA,

John



Tue, 09 Sep 2003 00:12:07 GMT  
 Detail band too large
I believe your problem is related to the printer driver more than the
display properties.
Check and make sure that, if it's the same printer for all of them, that
your printer drivers are all the same.


Quote:
> Hi All,

> I'm having trouble determining why a Win98 machine now gives a "Detail
band
> is too large to fit on page" error when printing one specific report.
Other
> 98 machines with the same printer setups have no problems.  The report and
> the exe it is compiled into have remained unchanged.  The machine in
> question pretty much requires a reboot if multiple attempts are made in a
> short period--failing with a Spool32 error leaving the VFP app "not
> responding".  That particular machine has also had a fair amount of
display
> changes (fonts, colors, etc.) but that's about the only notably odd
> difference.  The following recent changes may have occured since last
> successfully printing:

> - We recently swapped which machine was acting as a print server
> - We were running the exe from within VFP 6 but now are running just the
exe

> Does this ring a bell with anyone?

> TIA,

> John



Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:00:22 GMT  
 Detail band too large
check to see that the paper size is setup the same.
I have several different configurations for each printer I have setup
based on the paper size.
if the user doesn't select the correct one (we still use half sheets in our
dot matrix printers ) then I get this error.

unfortunately VFP doesn't allow you to set the paper size on the fly.


Quote:
> Hi All,

> I'm having trouble determining why a Win98 machine now gives a "Detail
band
> is too large to fit on page" error when printing one specific report.
Other
> 98 machines with the same printer setups have no problems.  The report and
> the exe it is compiled into have remained unchanged.  The machine in
> question pretty much requires a reboot if multiple attempts are made in a
> short period--failing with a Spool32 error leaving the VFP app "not
> responding".  That particular machine has also had a fair amount of
display
> changes (fonts, colors, etc.) but that's about the only notably odd
> difference.  The following recent changes may have occured since last
> successfully printing:

> - We recently swapped which machine was acting as a print server
> - We were running the exe from within VFP 6 but now are running just the
exe

> Does this ring a bell with anyone?

> TIA,

> John



Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:11:22 GMT  
 Detail band too large
Also check the top and bottom margin settings on the machine having trouble.
As I recall, that is one of the things that will cause this (I actually ran
into this problem once).

--
Cyrus Welch
Senior Programmer/Analyst
MetSYS Inc
http://www.metsysinc.com

Quote:
> check to see that the paper size is setup the same.
> I have several different configurations for each printer I have setup
> based on the paper size.
> if the user doesn't select the correct one (we still use half sheets in
our
> dot matrix printers ) then I get this error.

> unfortunately VFP doesn't allow you to set the paper size on the fly.



> > Hi All,

> > I'm having trouble determining why a Win98 machine now gives a "Detail
> band
> > is too large to fit on page" error when printing one specific report.
> Other
> > 98 machines with the same printer setups have no problems.  The report
and
> > the exe it is compiled into have remained unchanged.  The machine in
> > question pretty much requires a reboot if multiple attempts are made in
a
> > short period--failing with a Spool32 error leaving the VFP app "not
> > responding".  That particular machine has also had a fair amount of
> display
> > changes (fonts, colors, etc.) but that's about the only notably odd
> > difference.  The following recent changes may have occured since last
> > successfully printing:

> > - We recently swapped which machine was acting as a print server
> > - We were running the exe from within VFP 6 but now are running just the
> exe

> > Does this ring a bell with anyone?

> > TIA,

> > John



Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:44:15 GMT  
 Detail band too large
Thanks, all.  As it turns out, it was the printer drivers installed when we
changed the printserver machine.  Once we loaded new drivers the culprit
machines (we found another problem) were all better.  I thought I'd checked
that, but that's what happens when you go from memory!

Thanks again,

- John

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I'm having trouble determining why a Win98 machine now gives a "Detail
band
> is too large to fit on page" error when printing one specific report.
Other
> 98 machines with the same printer setups have no problems.  The report and
> the exe it is compiled into have remained unchanged.  The machine in
> question pretty much requires a reboot if multiple attempts are made in a
> short period--failing with a Spool32 error leaving the VFP app "not
> responding".  That particular machine has also had a fair amount of
display
> changes (fonts, colors, etc.) but that's about the only notably odd
> difference.  The following recent changes may have occured since last
> successfully printing:

> - We recently swapped which machine was acting as a print server
> - We were running the exe from within VFP 6 but now are running just the
exe

> Does this ring a bell with anyone?

> TIA,

> John



Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:09:46 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. detail band too large

2. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

3. Detail Band is Too Large

4. Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page

5. Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

6. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

7. Help! Report Problem: Detail Band too large to fit on page?

8. Group footer same height as detail band (when it should be 0)

9. How to limit the height for detail band

10. detail band

11. Spanning details footer band across pages

12. lines repeated in detail band

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software