Limited form viewing area in design mode
Author Message
 Limited form viewing area in design mode

I have a project that I routinely access from either of two different
workstations.  One computer has a 15" monitor, and when I open a form in
design mode, I see the entire form.  The other computer has a 19" monitor,
and the display is set to 1024 x 768.  On that workstation, when I open a
form in design mode, only the upper left 640x 480 appears over a white area.
The rest of the screen has a gray background.  I can drag the title bar of
the form to the left to make the right side of the form visible, but I can't
find a way to make the entire form viewable, even though it's much smaller
than 1024 x 768.  Suggestions?  TIA

 - Dean Lesner

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Limited form viewing area in design mode

Quote:
>I have a project that I routinely access from either of two different
>workstations.  One computer has a 15" monitor, and when I open a form in
>design mode, I see the entire form.  The other computer has a 19" monitor,
>and the display is set to 1024 x 768.  On that workstation, when I open a
>form in design mode, only the upper left 640x 480 appears over a white area.
>The rest of the screen has a gray background.  I can drag the title bar of
>the form to the left to make the right side of the form visible, but I can't
>find a way to make the entire form viewable, even though it's much smaller
>than 1024 x 768.  Suggestions?  TIA

This is to prevent you designing for screens bigger than 640x480.

If you really want to enlarge the design area (and know that no
computers with lower resolution will ever use the app) go to Tools |
Options | Forms | Maximum design area

ben

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Report causes error to Form in design mode

2. Combo Box Fields Not visible properly In View Mode(disabled mode)

3. 'Greyed' areas when viewing a form

4. Download limited record form Remote View

5. Opening Form in Design View VFP 5.0a

6. Creating or opening form in design view

7. VFP Grids: limiting display to current record in change mode

8. Instantiation Error: Design Mode

9. EXE causes a crash but running in design mode works fine

10. Max Design Area

11. Maximum Design Area

12. Maximum Design Area