How to make a combobox with a numeric controlsource?
Author Message
 How to make a combobox with a numeric controlsource?

I'm unable to download attachments in the NG, so I'll ask ...
Is the BoundColumn set to the numeric column?

Quote:
> Hello.

>     I didn't imagine that one day I will get so much pain with such a
simple
> thing.

>     I want to make a combobox with a controlsource whose type is numeric.
> That's all. The problem is:

>    -  If "boundto" is false, the combobox doesn't not return the value of
> controlsource but the position of this value in the combobox (that's ok,
> since this is the effect of having "boundto" as false).

>     - If "boundto" is true, the return value is correct but it is not
> displayed on screen (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) That's my problem.

>     Surprisingly, the problem doesn't appears when the type of the
> controlsource is character. Only with numeric controlsource.

>     I attached a little VFP project to show the effect. It's
> self-explanatory. Just compile it, run it, and you will see what I mean.

>     Please, can someone tell me how can I solve this problem?

>     Thank you very much,

>     Vicent Palasi.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a combobox with a numeric controlsource?

Thank you, Trey for your interest.

    Yes it is. RowSourceType is set to "6-Fields". RowSource is set to
"tabla1.code" and BoundTo is set to 1 (first column).
What can happen?

    Thanks,

    Vicent Palasi

Quote:
> I'm unable to download attachments in the NG, so I'll ask ...
> Is the BoundColumn set to the numeric column?

> > Hello.

> >     I didn't imagine that one day I will get so much pain with such a
> simple
> > thing.

> >     I want to make a combobox with a controlsource whose type is
numeric.
> > That's all. The problem is:

> >    -  If "boundto" is false, the combobox doesn't not return the value
of
> > controlsource but the position of this value in the combobox (that's ok,
> > since this is the effect of having "boundto" as false).

> >     - If "boundto" is true, the return value is correct but it is not
> > displayed on screen (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) That's my problem.

> >     Surprisingly, the problem doesn't appears when the type of the
> > controlsource is character. Only with numeric controlsource.

> >     I attached a little VFP project to show the effect. It's
> > self-explanatory. Just compile it, run it, and you will see what I mean.

> >     Please, can someone tell me how can I solve this problem?

> >     Thank you very much,

> >     Vicent Palasi.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a combobox with a numeric controlsource?

I don't know why it isn't working properly but if you put
this.value=tabla1.code
in the InteractiveChange Event the problem goes away.

Brandon

Quote:
> Thank you, Trey for your interest.

>     Yes it is. RowSourceType is set to "6-Fields". RowSource is set to
> "tabla1.code" and BoundTo is set to 1 (first column).
> What can happen?

>     Thanks,

>     Vicent Palasi

> > I'm unable to download attachments in the NG, so I'll ask ...
> > Is the BoundColumn set to the numeric column?

> > > Hello.

> > >     I didn't imagine that one day I will get so much pain with such a
> > simple
> > > thing.

> > >     I want to make a combobox with a controlsource whose type is
> numeric.
> > > That's all. The problem is:

> > >    -  If "boundto" is false, the combobox doesn't not return the value
> of
> > > controlsource but the position of this value in the combobox (that's
ok,
> > > since this is the effect of having "boundto" as false).

> > >     - If "boundto" is true, the return value is correct but it is not
> > > displayed on screen (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) That's my problem.

> > >     Surprisingly, the problem doesn't appears when the type of the
> > > controlsource is character. Only with numeric controlsource.

> > >     I attached a little VFP project to show the effect. It's
> > > self-explanatory. Just compile it, run it, and you will see what I
mean.

> > >     Please, can someone tell me how can I solve this problem?

> > >     Thank you very much,

> > >     Vicent Palasi.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a combobox with a numeric controlsource?

Thank you very much, Brandon.

    I didn't know how to do this but your suggestion solved my problem.

    Thanks,

    Vicent Palas

Quote:
> I don't know why it isn't working properly but if you put
> this.value=tabla1.code
> in the InteractiveChange Event the problem goes away.

> Brandon

> > Thank you, Trey for your interest.

> >     Yes it is. RowSourceType is set to "6-Fields". RowSource is set to
> > "tabla1.code" and BoundTo is set to 1 (first column).
> > What can happen?

> >     Thanks,

> >     Vicent Palasi

> > > I'm unable to download attachments in the NG, so I'll ask ...
> > > Is the BoundColumn set to the numeric column?

> > > simple

> > numeric.

> > of
> ok,

> mean.

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP 5.0 - Combobox.ControlSource = numeric column - BUG ???

2. VFP 5.0 - Combo box with numeric controlsource.

3. Combo box with numeric controlsource

4. ComboBox ControlSource Prop screws up Value Prop!

5. combobox..controlsource

6. numeric field, making commas static (right justify input)

7. Combobox and numeric keys

8. combobox and numeric field

9. VFP 3.0b : Numeric values and ComboBox ?

10. Problems with combobox and numeric data!

11. Negative numeric data in a ComboBox

12. Browse for Not Numeric on a Numeric field Q