Fox Pro Free Tables Stop Responding.... why?
Author Message
 Fox Pro Free Tables Stop Responding.... why?

I have a Visual Basic application using an ODBC driver to
access fox pro free tables (not by choice, these were the
constraints given to us by the client and they cannot
change or else I already would have at least threw them
into an access database)

My problem is that some of my queries just stop
responding in mid-execution, causing my application to
hang up.  This doesn't ever happen on my developement
machine (windows xp) but when we put the data on a remote
server and run it with the app on Novel the application
craps out and hangs.

Is there a reason why the foxpro tables stop resonding?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:49:58 GMT
 Fox Pro Free Tables Stop Responding.... why?
Hello, IC!
You wrote  on Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:49:58 -0800:

 I> I have a visual basic application using an ODBC driver to
 I> access fox pro free tables (not by choice, these were the
 I> constraints given to us by the client and they cannot
 I> change or else I already would have at least threw them
 I> into an access database)

 I> My problem is that some of my queries just stop
 I> responding in mid-execution, causing my application to
 I> hang up.  This doesn't ever happen on my developement
 I> machine (windows xp) but when we put the data on a remote
 I> server and run it with the app on Novel the application
 I> craps out and hangs.

 I> Is there a reason why the foxpro tables stop resonding?

Can you post the sql? Does the Novell server have any special security
settings on the files/folder?
---
Eric den Doop

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:19:19 GMT
 Fox Pro Free Tables Stop Responding.... why?
Where is the 'temp' area for:
1.  your application
2.  the foxpro tables

are there any quotas enabled?
does your app have 'creation' rights on the novell server?

Do you have any odbc timeout settings 'set' on your workstation?

mondo regards [Bill]

Quote:
> I have a visual basic application using an ODBC driver to
> access fox pro free tables (not by choice, these were the
> constraints given to us by the client and they cannot
> change or else I already would have at least threw them
> into an access database)

> My problem is that some of my queries just stop
> responding in mid-execution, causing my application to
> hang up.  This doesn't ever happen on my developement
> machine (windows xp) but when we put the data on a remote
> server and run it with the app on Novel the application
> craps out and hangs.

> Is there a reason why the foxpro tables stop resonding?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 23:32:00 GMT
 Fox Pro Free Tables Stop Responding.... why?
How reliable is the LAN?

> I have a visual basic application using an ODBC driver to
> access fox pro free tables (not by choice, these were the
> constraints given to us by the client and they cannot
> change or else I already would have at least threw them
> into an access database)

> My problem is that some of my queries just stop
> responding in mid-execution, causing my application to
> hang up.  This doesn't ever happen on my developement
> machine (windows xp) but when we put the data on a remote
> server and run it with the app on Novel the application
> craps out and hangs.

> Is there a reason why the foxpro tables stop resonding?

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:05:14 GMT

1. Main Menu Stops Responding

2. Fox Pro 2.6 A to Visual Fox Pro

3. Fox pro 2.6 to visual fox pro 6 or 7

4. Menu stop responding after REPORT FORM PREVIEW

5. VFP6 stops responding

6. why do hotkeys respond without alt?

7. Accessing Visual Fox Pro table

8. Access to DOS Fox Pro tables with SQL

9. Export tables from Fox Pro to SQL Server 7

10. Automatically enter a new workorder number in a Fox Pro table new record

11. Linking to Fox Pro Table Using Access

12. Word mailmerge problem with fox pro tables !