VFP 6.0 and sharing COM1
Author Message
 VFP 6.0 and sharing COM1

I am opening a cash drawer attatched to COM1 using the following code.

procedure opencashdrawer
set saftey off

set device to screen
copy file o_drawer.prn to com1.dos
set safety on
return

I want to open the cash drawer from another computer on an XP network and
have tried changing the copy file line to:

copy file o_drawer.prn to \\pos1\com1.dos

The line executes, but nothing happens and program continues.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:01:31 GMT
 VFP 6.0 and sharing COM1
John - do you have the comm port on the other computer set up as a shared
resource?

lemme know?
mondo regards [Bill]

--
=============================[remove the dot bob to reply]
William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group. MSDN ISV - VFP/SQL .  mySql/ Sql /

Quote:
> I am opening a cash drawer attatched to COM1 using the following code.

> procedure opencashdrawer
> set saftey off
> set device to file o_drawer.prn

> set device to screen
> copy file o_drawer.prn to com1.dos
> set safety on
> return

> I want to open the cash drawer from another computer on an XP network and
> have tried changing the copy file line to:

> copy file o_drawer.prn to \\pos1\com1.dos

> The line executes, but nothing happens and program continues.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:59:27 GMT
 VFP 6.0 and sharing COM1
No I don't.  I looked in Device Manager under ports, but did not see a
reference to sharing.  How can I set a com1 port to shared?

Quote:
> John - do you have the comm port on the other computer set up as a shared
> resource?

> lemme know?
> mondo regards [Bill]

> --
> =============================[remove the dot bob to reply]
> William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group. MSDN ISV - VFP/SQL .  mySql/ Sql
/
> Oracle with VFP - YUP!!
> 972.394.7261 / GoTo China and teach C/SaPPdEV on occasion.
> http://window.to/vfoxpro

> > I am opening a cash drawer attatched to COM1 using the following code.

> > procedure opencashdrawer
> > set saftey off
> > set device to file o_drawer.prn

> > set device to screen
> > copy file o_drawer.prn to com1.dos
> > set safety on
> > return

> > I want to open the cash drawer from another computer on an XP network
and
> > have tried changing the copy file line to:

> > copy file o_drawer.prn to \\pos1\com1.dos

> > The line executes, but nothing happens and program continues.
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:13:40 GMT
 VFP 6.0 and sharing COM1

Quote:
> No I don't.  I looked in Device Manager under ports, but did not see a
> reference to sharing.  How can I set a com1 port to shared?

.. I'm guessing but I think you should be able to setup a printer (say
"generic / text") on the com port and then create a share for it.

Then you would fire the file at the shared printer name.

HTH
--
Andrew Howell

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:40:54 GMT

1. VFP 6.0 Intermittently Hangs When Opening Shared DBF Files

2. sharing files over network in VFoxPro 6.0

3. old newbie and sql edit window in VFP 6.0 or SQL editor for VFP 6.0

4. VFP - Reading from com1 port

5. How to communicate with my COM1 in VFP 5.0

6. Help: I want to send data from com1/com2 in VFP

7. folder sharing problem share

8. Share And Sharing Violati

9. SHARE and Sharing Violation

10. Writing VC++ 6.0 Active X object for VFP 6.0

11. How to install VFP 6.0 only from Visual Studio 6.0

12. Import data from com1