How to do "CLEAR EVENT" from sytem menu
Author Message
 How to do "CLEAR EVENT" from sytem menu

We have build an application as an exe-file. Terminating is to be done due to a "CLEAR EVENT" from within a user menu, a command button and so on.
?
But when using the system menu of a form (upper left icon) and selecting "close", I get the message "cannot quit visual foxpro". Off course there are some active events.
How can I allow the user to quit the program from this menu??

--

W. Schwenkner
?

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to do "CLEAR EVENT" from sytem menu

Wernfried,

You need an ON SHUTDOWN handler in place to detect the main window close event.

df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

    We have build an application as an exe-file. Terminating is to be done due to a "CLEAR EVENT" from within a user menu, a command button and so on.

    But when using the system menu of a form (upper left icon) and selecting "close", I get the message "cannot quit visual foxpro". Off course there are some active events.

    How can I allow the user to quit the program from this menu?

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to do "CLEAR EVENT" from sytem menu

You just need to include a shutdown routine.

Check out the command ON SHUTDOWN

--

Nancy Folsom
(abqnfatdamescom--replace the word at and put a dot before the com)

    ...snip

    But when using the system menu of a form (upper left icon) and selecting
"close", I get the message "cannot quit visual foxpro". Off course there are
some active events.
    ...snip

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to do "CLEAR EVENT" from sytem menu

There is a Microsoft knowledgebase article on this, article q172455.

Quote:

> We have build an application as an exe-file. Terminating is to be done
> due to a "CLEAR EVENT" from within a user menu, a command button and
> so on.

> But when using the system menu of a form (upper left icon) and
> selecting "close", I get the message "cannot quit visual foxpro". Off
> course there are some active events.

> How can I allow the user to quit the program from this menu?

> --

> W. Schwenkner

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX controls with events named "Error"

2. System Menu "View" problem

3. VFP50a - "Form methods" from a menu

4. Without using "DEFINE MENU"

5. "Set Sysmenu to Default" + "Clear Program" = GPF

6. Menu "Window" in VFP 6

7. "cannot find the menu-generation program"

8. Getting open Forms in "Window"-Menu, like in VFP

9. Read Events And Clear Events

10. read events / clear events

11. if "" = trim(VAR) vs if trim(VAR) = ""

12. If ""=trim(VAR) vs if trim(VAR)=""