Date differences between VFP 5 and VFP 6
Author Message
 Date differences between VFP 5 and VFP 6

In VFP 5, I can use the following syntax:

if ldDay = {9/16/2000}...

But if I use that syntax in VFP 6, it tells me I am using an ambiguous
date and must use the form:

if ldDay = {^2000-9-16}...

That means every program that has a hard coded date must be changed.

Can I get VFP 6 to accept the {9/16/2000} format unambiguosly?

Thanks.

Gary

Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Date differences between VFP 5 and VFP 6
set strictdate to 0
Udom Sae-Oung

Bangkok Software International Co., Ltd.
Tel. (662) 9137141-3 Fax. (662)9137144
Homepage http://www.bsi.co.th and  http://www.thaijustice.com

> In VFP 5, I can use the following syntax:

> if ldDay = {9/16/2000}...

> But if I use that syntax in VFP 6, it tells me I am using an ambiguous
> date and must use the form:

> if ldDay = {^2000-9-16}...

> That means every program that has a hard coded date must be changed.

> Can I get VFP 6 to accept the {9/16/2000} format unambiguosly?

> Thanks.

> Gary

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 02:25:53 GMT
 Date differences between VFP 5 and VFP 6
That worked great.  Thanks for your help.

Gary

Quote:

> set strictdate to 0
> --
> Udom Sae-Oung

> Bangkok Software International Co., Ltd.
> Tel. (662) 9137141-3 Fax. (662)9137144
> Homepage http://www.bsi.co.th and  http://www.thaijustice.com

> > In VFP 5, I can use the following syntax:

> > if ldDay = {9/16/2000}...

> > But if I use that syntax in VFP 6, it tells me I am using an ambiguous
> > date and must use the form:

> > if ldDay = {^2000-9-16}...

> > That means every program that has a hard coded date must be changed.

> > Can I get VFP 6 to accept the {9/16/2000} format unambiguosly?

> > Thanks.

> > Gary

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. preview zoom performance difference in VFP 3.0B and VFP 6.0

2. Performance differences between VFP 5 and VFP 6

3. VFP BUG: GOMONTH() returns blank date for dates prior to {01/01/1753}

4. date difference

5. Date Time differences?

6. Way to figure out number of months difference between two dates

7. date time type differences between vfp5 and vfp6

8. Date Difference function

9. How to determine the difference between two dates?

10. Date Difference

11. Difference VFP 6 & 7

12. Printing differences in VFP and FP