Creating an EXE in version 2.5 for DOS
Author Message
 Creating an EXE in version 2.5 for DOS

Quote:

>>: 1) The EXE I have created works perfectly but I get a couple of Foxpro
>>: screens

>>:    that I don't know how to remove.

>>:    When I run my standalone EXE I get an initial screen with the following

>>:    text:

>>:         FoxPro 2.5 EXE Support Library

>>:         (c) 1989-1992 Microsoft Corporation

>>:                 Registered to:

>>:    When my program ends I get the following text appering on the DOS
>>: screen:

>>:         FoxPro 2.5 EXE Support library -- Normal shutdown.

>>:    Is there any way I can surpress these screen displays ? They do not look

>>:    particularly nice when I want to sell my application.

>>: -- Mohamed --

OOPs.  Sorry about the first posting, don't know what happened there.

As far as I understand, there is an option in the dialog box that comes
up when you are going to build your .EXE.  This option allows you to
suppress the opening foxpro screen. (I haven't before used the distribution
kit, I read this solution on this newsgroup a couple of months ago.)

Mon, 13 Jan 1997 08:23:24 GMT
 Creating an EXE in version 2.5 for DOS

Quote:

>: Hi fellow programmers:

>: I have just created my first foxpro program that I will sell commercially.

>: I am using foxpro 2.5 for dos and its associated SDK.

>: I have one question about some screen display problem and a question about
>: what I

>: can include with my commercial application.

>: 1) The EXE I have created works perfectly but I get a couple of Foxpro
>: screens

>:    that I don't know how to remove.

>:    When I run my standalone EXE I get an initial screen with the following

>:    text:

>:         FoxPro 2.5 EXE Support Library

>:         (c) 1989-1992 Microsoft Corporation

>:                 Registered to:

>:    When my program ends I get the following text appering on the DOS
>: screen:

>:         FoxPro 2.5 EXE Support library -- Normal shutdown.

>:    Is there any way I can surpress these screen displays ? They do not look

>:    particularly nice when I want to sell my application.

>: -- Mohamed --

>With regards to your first Question about the screen, the solution isn't
>very painful.  Irrespective of whether you're trying to startup the
>Foxpro Development kit, or a .EXE program compiled using the Foxpro
>Distribution Kit, you can stop the messages from appearing by executing
>the program with a -T flag.

>eg.

>For the Foxpro Dev. Kit,    FOX -T     and the message will not appear at
>start or end.

>For a Foxpro compiled program, say FRED.EXE ,   FRED -T   will have a
>similar effect.

>From what I understand/was told/or read somewhere...
>when you compile a program with the distribution kit, the Foxpro compiler
>actually compiles the Foxpro interpreter into the executable.  As far as
>your program code (.PRG stuff) goes, it is reduced to a form that the
>interpreter can handle (and interpretes it).  Based on that what ever flag
>that you can pass to the FOX.EXE, I believe (but I'm not totally sure)
>you can pass it to your program .EXE and have a similar kind of effect.

>If anyone out there thinks otherwise, please correct me.

>Hope it helps.

>Alvino...

>P.S. Good luck with you 'commercialized' package.

Mon, 13 Jan 1997 08:16:31 GMT
 Creating an EXE in version 2.5 for DOS

: >>: 1) The EXE I have created works perfectly but I get a couple of Foxpro
: >>: screens
: >>
[...]

By the way, the dialog box is under Project,Options and is labelled LOGO.

And I've got a problem of my own. After ending my program, my screen
remains blue, which the default desktop color for Foxpro. At present, I
am using a batch file to run my programs and to execute cls after. But there
must be a more satisfactory solution to this.

Thanks in advance for anyone who knows how.

Nelson Ko

Tue, 14 Jan 1997 17:42:01 GMT
 Creating an EXE in version 2.5 for DOS

: And I've got a problem of my own. After ending my program, my screen
: remains blue, which the default desktop color for Foxpro. At present, I
: am using a batch file to run my programs and to execute cls after. But there
: must be a more satisfactory solution to this.

I am going to assume that you want the screen colors to revert back to a
basic "white on black" color screen.  This is really fairly simple.  In
the last few lines of your application, right before you exit, issue:

SET COLOR OF SCHEME 1 TO "W/N"
CLEAR

This will set the colors to white on black, and clear the screen.

                                    -Michael
--

GCS/B -d+ p c++++ l(-) u++ e+(*) m+(-) s++/+ !n h---(*) f+(?) g+ w+ t+ r y+(*)

Sat, 18 Jan 1997 23:26:13 GMT

1. Creating an EXE in version 2.5 for DOS

2. FoxPro DOS version 2.6a - Library Construction Kit 2.5

3. RUNNING AN .EXE IN 2.5 FOR DOS

4. I need a patch to FP 2.5 or 2.6 for DOS to make *.exe files

5. Blast from the past - FOXR.EXE question FOXPRO 2.5 DOS

6. FoxPro DOS 2.5 in Win DOS Shell

7. FoxPro 2.6 DOS EXE: Create Table and arrays in screens problem

8. Creating DOS based .EXE

9. Needed - Foxpro licences for version 2.5

10. Foxpro 2.6/2.5 For Chinese Version

11. FPM version 2.5 to 2.6 upgrade questions

12. Q: displaying multiple screens in FoxPro version 2.5