DO FORM says File x.scx not found
Author Message
 DO FORM says File x.scx not found

Since moving to VFP7 we have a strange problem where after
building our EXE, all calls which say DO FORM x.scx say
File not found EXCEPT the calls from the menu.  If you
exit VFP and go back in, everything works fine.

The physical SCX files are in a sub-directory which is not
in the path but they are all built into the EXE so we
can't understand what's causing the problem. We don't want
the sub-directory in our path because end-users do not get
the source files sent (obviously).

Does anyone know what causes this? Is it a VFP7
peculiarity?

Bernie

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:03:40 GMT
 DO FORM says File x.scx not found

> The physical SCX files are in a sub-directory which is not
> in the path but they are all built into the EXE so we
> can't understand what's causing the problem.

Are you _absolutely sure that the SCXs are compiled into
the exe? As you didn't explicitly say, are the forms marked
as included (or rather _not marked as excluded) in your project?
--
Roger Ansell
Adelaide, Australia

My real email address is ransell  at senet.dot com dot au

Quote:
> Since moving to VFP7 we have a strange problem where after
> building our EXE, all calls which say DO FORM x.scx say
> File not found EXCEPT the calls from the menu.  If you
> exit VFP and go back in, everything works fine.

> The physical SCX files are in a sub-directory which is not
> in the path but they are all built into the EXE so we
> can't understand what's causing the problem. We don't want
> the sub-directory in our path because end-users do not get
> the source files sent (obviously).

> Does anyone know what causes this? Is it a VFP7
> peculiarity?

> Bernie

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:44:42 GMT
 DO FORM says File x.scx not found
Bernie,

Go ahead and set your path so the dev environment can find everything. It
doesn't matter if that path doesn't exist on the enduser box since
everything for them comes out of the EXE.

--
df - Microsoft MVP FoxPro http://www.geocities.com/df_foxpro

Quote:
> Since moving to VFP7 we have a strange problem where after
> building our EXE, all calls which say DO FORM x.scx say
> File not found EXCEPT the calls from the menu.  If you
> exit VFP and go back in, everything works fine.

> The physical SCX files are in a sub-directory which is not
> in the path but they are all built into the EXE so we
> can't understand what's causing the problem. We don't want
> the sub-directory in our path because end-users do not get
> the source files sent (obviously).

> Does anyone know what causes this? Is it a VFP7
> peculiarity?

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:23:00 GMT
 DO FORM says File x.scx not found
Definately included.

Quote:

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:03:56 GMT
 DO FORM says File x.scx not found
Hello!

Quote:
> Go ahead and set your path so the dev environment can find everything. It
> doesn't matter if that path doesn't exist on the enduser box since
> everything for them comes out of the EXE.

That's right. I always thought of it this way: If the path would point
to a directory originally in the project vfp commands like DO or
DO FORM will find the file. Also SET CLASSLIB TO a path
originally in the project (ADDITIVE) will make the vcx known
for CREATEOBJECT or ADDOBJECT...

_BUT_

One should pretend the directory structure reletive to the pjx file
is the same, therefore one has to use JUSTPATH(SYS(16)) in the
EXE to determine it's actual directory and add relative paths.

e.g you develop under
E:\myprojects\foxpro7\myapp\myappp.pjx
with - besides other directories -
E:\myprojects\foxpro7\myapp\forms\
containinfg the forms,
then in the init routine
(a prg I'd put in the directory E:\myprojects\foxpro7\myapp\)
I use
LOCAL lcprojectpath
lcprojectpath = JUSTPATH(SYS(16))
SET PATH TO (lcprojectpath+"\forms") ADDDITVE
SET CLASSLIB TO ...
SET PROCEDURE TO ...

This way I never had problems with files not found...

Bye, Olaf.

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:02:28 GMT

1. How to create a SPR file from a form(SCX FILE)

2. File deletion causes file not found when I know it is there

3. Generate program codes from Forms (*.scx file)

4. Form object name not found Problem

5. FP2.6a Dos/RAS/Files not found problem

6. FPMac: PICT file not found

7. QUERY to find recs not in other file

8. Structural cdx file not found!!

9. .APP included file not found

10. Class file (path) not found

11. Fox .EXE's no longer running: File Not Found

12. Form not found