running a FPD26a standalone extended executable from Windows
Author Message
 running a FPD26a standalone extended executable from Windows

Would like to hear from people who are running Foxpro for Dos 2.6a "standalone
extended" executables from Windows.  The application would be run on 486SX
machines (not networked) with 12 MB of RAM.  I am primarily interested in
the performance difference between running the executable from DOS and
running it from WFWG 3.11 or Win '95.

Thank you,

V.

Thu, 30 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 running a FPD26a standalone extended executable from Windows

Quote:

>Would like to hear from people who are running Foxpro for Dos 2.6a
"standalone
>extended" executables from Windows.

We have been running FPD2.6 standalon exes for quite sometime now from
within WFWG 3.11.  There is some slow down, but not very excessive.  We
use the exe under Windows for networking purposes.  Since you are not
networked, why do you want to run your exe under Windows?  Sounds like a
good time to port your application to FPW.

Keep one thing in mind - create yourself a .PIF file for your exe.  Under
the EMS and XMS limits, you should put -1 to allow as much memory as
needed.  We did have a while there where we were getting Insufficient
memory errors.

HTH,

Paul Kearney
Computer Concepts

Sat, 01 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 running a FPD26a standalone extended executable from Windows

Quote:

<SNIPPO!>
>  Keep one thing in mind - create yourself a .PIF file for your exe.  Under
>  the EMS and XMS limits, you should put -1 to allow as much memory as
<SNIPPO!>

Only the XMS will be used by FoxPro

Sat, 01 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 running a FPD26a standalone extended executable from Windows

Quote:

>Would like to hear from people who are running Foxpro for Dos 2.6a "standalone
>extended" executables from Windows.  The application would be run on 486SX
>machines (not networked) with 12 MB of RAM.  I am primarily interested in
>the performance difference between running the executable from DOS and
>running it from WFWG 3.11 or Win '95.
>Thank you,
>V.

We have a FPD26a application that a number of our clients wanted to
run through windows 3.1/3.11.  We found that the perfomance was very
poor and the computers running the application would hang for no
reason.  Under '95 foxpro for dos seems to be ok and runs just alittle
slower then under MS-DOS.  If i was you i would convert the S/W to run
under FPW

RSC Moneypower Systems - Suppliers of credit control software

Thu, 04 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. 2.6 Dos Build Executable or Build Executable Extended

2. standalone application build - fpd26a

3. standalone and extended problem...

4. There is VFP main windows still appear when run executable file

5. visual foxpro executables that run in windows 3.1?

6. Running executable from executable

7. FPW 2.6 Pro Standalone Executables

8. Foxpro toolbar in standalone executable

9. standalone executables on ISP's server??

10. Can't run Extended exe under PC-DOS 6.1

11. HELP !Running FPD 2.0 extended mode under W95

12. VFP Standalone program runs in a Window