form doesn't show up in debug mode
Author Message
 form doesn't show up in debug mode

Hello everybody,

I am using VFP 6.0 SP5 and I have this piece of code in a method of an
application:

1)     IF NOT EMPTY(ALLTRIM(THIS.cLoginFormClassName))
2)         oLoginForm = CREATEOBJECT(THIS.cLoginFormClassName)
3)         IF VARTYPE(oLoginForm) = "O"
4)             oLoginForm.Show(1)
5)         ENDIF
6)    ENDIF

My problem is that the line #4 does not display the oLoginForm and VFP does
not stop when I am in Debug mode.
N.B.:    >  The application has a "top level form"
            >  The main visual foxpro screen is hidden (_SCREEN.Visible =
.F.)
            >  The WindowType property of  the "oLoginForm" is set to 1
(MODAL);
            >   The ShowWindow property is set to 1 (in top level form)

When I run the application in normal mode the oLoginForm shows up appears
and let me enter my username and password.  But the rest of code does not
work correctly...  So I need the Debug mode to find out what is wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

... Enode Nelson

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:32:37 GMT
 form doesn't show up in debug mode
Hello, Enode!
You wrote  on Mon, 7 Apr 2003 06:32:37 -0800:

 EN> 1)     IF NOT EMPTY(ALLTRIM(THIS.cLoginFormClassName))
 EN> 2)         oLoginForm = CREATEOBJECT(THIS.cLoginFormClassName)
 EN> 3)         IF VARTYPE(oLoginForm) = "O"
 EN> 4)             oLoginForm.Show(1)
 EN> 5)         ENDIF
 EN> 6)    ENDIF

 EN> My problem is that the line #4 does not display the oLoginForm and VFP
 EN> does not stop when I am in Debug mode.

How are you trying to stop the execution? Are you using a breakpoint? I
found that breakpoints do not always work correctly. I don't use
breakpoints, but issue a SET STEP ON. You can also use ASSERT which is
ignored at runtime, but I got too used to the SET STEP command. Try this,
but don't forget to remove the SET STEP when you've finished debugging:

IF NOT EMPTY(ALLTRIM(THIS.cLoginFormClassName))
         SET STEP ON
         oLoginForm = CREATEOBJECT(THIS.cLoginFormClassName)
         IF VARTYPE(oLoginForm) = "O"
* ... rest of code

---
Eric den Doop

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:29:26 GMT

1. form doesn't show up in debug mode

2. Graph doesn't show show data

3. EXE doesn't show form

4. White in toolbar BMP's doesn't show up

5. Help: Form.Refresh() doesn't work for active form if mutiple forms on screen

6. Preview doesn't show at runtime

7. Event tracking doesn't show refresh events...?

8. TITLE=Program in CONFIG.FPW doesn't show up as print job owner

9. EXE doesn't show with specified icon

10. Requery doesn't show updated data?

11. Checkbox doesn't visibly show it has focus

12. Still can't get the hang of using debug window with running forms